Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 44

Author Topic: Outerra videos thread  (Read 253544 times)

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
Re: Outerra videos thread
« Reply #195 on: March 21, 2015, 07:23:33 pm »

Wow, that russian company is not just a one-man-startup, it's a serious corporation, maybe even working in arms industry. I wonder whether they contacted developers and are listed in this super-secret-Outerra-based-projects group.

I guess I am the dumb one. Besides the word Outerra being mysteriously on their ad, is there any known actual connection?

Judging by this
Представление о том что мы делаем можно составить по: http://www.youtube.com/wa*tch?v=E7_A3IZCIpI и Outerra Anteworld.
I would say that this video is their previous experience in creating simulators, and now they chose Outerra as their platform. Otherwise, why would they even mention it?  ^-^

HiFlyer

« Reply #196 on: March 21, 2015, 07:41:50 pm »

Wow, that russian company is not just a one-man-startup, it's a serious corporation, maybe even working in arms industry. I wonder whether they contacted developers and are listed in this super-secret-Outerra-based-projects group.

I guess I am the dumb one. Besides the word Outerra being mysteriously on their ad, is there any known actual connection?

Judging by this
Представление о том что мы делаем можно составить по: http://www.youtube.com/wa*tch?v=E7_A3IZCIpI и Outerra Anteworld.
I would say that this video is their previous experience in creating simulators, and now they chose Outerra as their platform. Otherwise, why would they even mention it?  ^-^

Well........ the account with that video has been suspended.............
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #197 on: March 21, 2015, 08:09:31 pm »

Well, yeah, there is not much information about this team in the Web. Staying really busy with the project, or their policy may have changed so that they cannot publish anything associated with their work. Who knows...
But if they're searching for graphic designers,  I guess something is still going on here...

HiFlyer

« Reply #198 on: March 21, 2015, 09:50:42 pm »

Well, yeah, there is not much information about this team in the Web. Staying really busy with the project, or their policy may have changed so that they cannot publish anything associated with their work. Who knows...
But if they're searching for graphic designers,  I guess something is still going on here...

I was blinking, because if they were military-sim guys, they would have been working through TitanIM, right?

More interesting was that videos that had been up since 2013 got taken down the day you found it........

Coincidence? Or were they doing something Fishy?
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #199 on: March 22, 2015, 01:28:15 am »

I was blinking, because if they were military-sim guys, they would have been working through TitanIM, right?

More interesting was that videos that had been up since 2013 got taken down the day you found it........

Coincidence? Or were they doing something Fishy?

It says about tactical flight simulator, nothing about military.

Why taken down, it works for me...
I just put an asterisk in the link in a quote so that embedding won't mess it up.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #200 on: March 22, 2015, 02:50:09 am »

Try the link from its original site and its working ... not sure why this re-posted one shows up an "deleted" youtube user account.

Not so much ... this is an russian group and Titan IM is more a western tech venture. I did know about those older project of those Titan guys as it was quite a well known digital training thing for the US and some of the companyes doing similar stuff are presenting themselves quite openly in the US arms industry, cause of theyr way of getting cotracts for equipement. I cant say the same about ANY russian projects i know ... the only few i saw were just mentions from some TV-channels (like Zvezda) witch shown it just as parts of reports about digital training facilityes in the recent years. And i think its because theyre probably working at just a particular equipement given. Its no secret, that trainers for most transporters, and for example Sukhoi, were made by the same company as the transporters themselves ad thus people for those programs were hired by them and just for them only, so there was no reason to promote that software any more than just for theyr purpose. Mostly came to be sold just on mil-tech expos together with nation-bound contracts too, as part of packages with real vehicles ...

And the job sdescript says just as the same ... its for ЗАО"РАА"Спецтехника" (ZAO "RAA" SpecTech-nika). Thats one of the main research and production facilityes for aviation digital or electro-optic sub-systems. Practically, a Sukhoi/Mig/Mil/Yak bound project that is. The structure isnt odd, they were THE ONES making those equipements on demand for all since the soviet times. They dont do any "tenders" around there ... ( they know each other and all stuf is done like this in the RF military : ... comes Sukhoi guy to SpecTech guy and says "hey, we need this and that for this project"  and gets answered : "sure, await it as usual". ) Its not much a secrecy thing as its just the way they do stuff. Besides, its not the government doing much the component choices as the Sukhoi - they were given the tech. specs from the army and they get the aircraft done by themselves then. ( kinda like sub-contracts on some parts like resins and polycarbonate coatings form some polymer institute - somtimes even these companyes like SpecTech do another sub contracts for say cower hubs for radar-equipement as it has to be set for those particular vavelenghts and stuff, but still staying just on works with those institutions they know already decades long ).
Only other way done stuff are projects each of these ventures/companyes do on theyr own just for applying a good idea or money - kinda like that new anti-everything defensive system that did hit some helicopters this year. Those can be then seen at expos shown as separate systems.

BUT ... i cant shake that one sentence from my mind ...  (для платформ PC/PS4) - for PC/PS4 platform.   ... why would they develop anything for a PS4 is just out of my mind.

... doe, its kida off topic. Sorry. :D 
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 03:16:40 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #201 on: March 22, 2015, 09:01:51 am »

Id say, i like that russian job proposition ... also, i want that Skytech´s Yak-130.

Hmmm... I saw there neither OT, nor what looks more similar OT. Resists 720p I could get there no better picture and the picture remained blurred. If on OT engine was made, they have modified it very much.  ???

...The Russians all words have probably gone out like? ( ЗАО «Арбайт МЦ»...)=ZAO Arbeit MZ... http://raa-st.ru/about/about-us/
Mhuhahahahahahaaa =D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 09:07:18 am by AH-DG »
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

PytonPago

« Reply #202 on: March 22, 2015, 01:57:05 pm »

Hmmm... I saw there neither OT, nor what looks more similar OT. Resists 720p I could get there no better picture and the picture remained blurred. If on OT engine was made, they have modified it very much.  ???

... nope, that yak vid. is of their engine creation.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

M7

« Reply #203 on: March 23, 2015, 08:37:57 am »

Mountain+clouds= fun glider descent =D

PytonPago

« Reply #204 on: March 23, 2015, 09:18:58 am »

I would fill my pants staying so long in a cloud that near to mountains ... its also really weird with that speed of them. I have to say, that when the clouds will be able to follow the contures of mountains, like in that Camenis promo-shot, such flights will be beautifull. Doe, if they manage to have quasi-correct wind speeds abowe and beneath mountaintops, than it will be a total skill to keep ya from crashing into one.

M7

« Reply #205 on: March 23, 2015, 09:32:40 am »

yeah i saw a tv documentary yesterday about the sierra nevada triangle where they say that hundred if not thousand of planes wreck litter the area. and flying near the mountain could be especially treaturous because of specific weather there and some 400 feet per second invisible downward airburst.

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #206 on: March 23, 2015, 12:43:59 pm »

Doe, if they manage to have quasi-correct wind speeds abowe and beneath mountaintops, than it will be a total skill to keep ya from crashing into one.

VFR skill... or radar altimeter and instrument flight rule.

Nicely done M7. The glider really gives a better sense of the scale of those mountains and the detail of Outerra. Time for some lights in that cockpit though.

-Uriah

HiFlyer

« Reply #207 on: March 23, 2015, 02:30:00 pm »

Doe, if they manage to have quasi-correct wind speeds abowe and beneath mountaintops, than it will be a total skill to keep ya from crashing into one.

VFR skill... or radar altimeter and instrument flight rule.

Nicely done M7. The glider really gives a better sense of the scale of those mountains and the detail of Outerra. Time for some lights in that cockpit though.

-Uriah

I was wondering why lights had not shown up on other planes, but was determined to be patient.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #208 on: March 23, 2015, 03:19:36 pm »

I would fill my pants staying so long in a cloud that near to mountains ... its also really weird with that speed of them. I have to say, that when the clouds will be able to follow the contures of mountains, like in that Camenis promo-shot, such flights will be beautifull.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #209 on: March 24, 2015, 08:11:12 am »

Time for some lights in that cockpit though.
I've searched photos/videos for the ASK-13, Heinkel He-51 and Corby Starlet CJ-1 to see how the lights look like in real life, and even if these have any, but I wasn't able to find anything.
So my conclusion would be that in real life those planes do not have any lights, maybe because are piloted only during the daytime... I may be wrong though.

I was wondering why lights had not shown up on other planes, but was determined to be patient.
Since there was no interest shown in that direction, I thought I do that upgrade later.
Now that you are mentioning it, I'll try to upgrade my planes as soon as I can.

Thanks for your patience HiFlyer, and the others waiting for that. :)

Edit: Cool video M7! ;)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 44