Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: [Released] Basler Turbo BT-67  (Read 111113 times)

HiFlyer

Re: [Release] Basler Turbo BT-67
« Reply #150 on: June 19, 2014, 10:18:31 am »

Do you have permission to convert any other plane?
The thing is that I hadn't too much free time lately. I took a look at Project Airbus some time ago, and found that it doesn't have a 3D VC, and people used the FSX default VC.
Now, while posting I took a quick look over the Project Airbus, again, and found out that they actually made a 3D VC (I was blind the last time when I checked it? o.O):
What do you think about the VC model? I think it looks fine being freeware, right?

Anyways, I'll try to contact with the team behind this project, if you people like that project and think it worth the effort (not really a effort, because I enjoy doing this ;D) to convert it.

Let me know your opinion please :)

My opinion is please do it! I'd love to see the A380 hit the skies of Outerra!

Yes, thank you.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

thx_nb

« Reply #151 on: June 19, 2014, 10:29:33 am »

@Levi: Right now (in the images I posted) I'm using f0 = 0.01 amd roughness = 1.0. I like it that way, but it could probably a bit more glossy?
I use this for all of the paint jobs, except the camo, for which I have f0 = 0.001, but that is just experimenting..

Also, I would love the A380 in Outerra. These are some very nicely modeled planes.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #152 on: June 19, 2014, 10:31:56 am »

Ok guys, you seem to like the Project Airbus, i'll try to go for it. But there's a problem, the Virtual Cockpit seems to be released, but I can't find any download link to test it first before I contact with they. The official link doesn't work because the domain www.pairbus.com isn't available anymore. Any help in that direction is greatly appreciated.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2014, 10:36:09 am »

@thx_nb
All right, i'll take a look at that tomorrow, I won't be on the PC today :P

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #154 on: June 19, 2014, 11:12:06 am »

Ok guys, you seem to like the Project Airbus, i'll try to go for it. But there's a problem, the Virtual Cockpit seems to be released, but I can't find any download link to test it first before I contact with they. The official link doesn't work because the domain www.pairbus.com isn't available anymore. Any help in that direction is greatly appreciated.

Well, if you get the creator`s approval of porting the aircraft in the first place, I`m sure they`ll be more than happy to give you the links/files! ::)
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

thx_nb

« Reply #155 on: June 19, 2014, 11:21:02 am »

I think the site was moved to this domain: http://www.pafs.wf/downloads

Also, I just replied about the material config because you asked the preferred configuration. For me it works fine right now with my own modifications, so no hurry there...

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #156 on: June 20, 2014, 06:55:22 am »

@thx_nb
Yes, I know they moved to www.pafs.wf, but I can't find any package there that have the cockpit integrated. Also, all links on their forum points to www.pairbus.com.

I downloaded and installed FSX again, just to test some of the packages available on www.pafs.wf, and no one had a 3D VC :S that's weird. Anyways, I just found out that in the description of that I posted earlier, there's a link to download it ;D I must be blind :P. So yeah, I tested it and it has a 3D VC :)

So now I just have to contact with they, and I hope they give me the approval to port it :) Now let's see where can I find the right email (any suggestion?)...

@John514
Yeah, but I just wanted to test it first :D

thx_nb

« Reply #157 on: June 20, 2014, 07:01:52 am »

Sorry, reading seems to be hard for me. Nice that you found it anyway :).

You made a little error, btw: "So now I just have to contact them, and..." (just trying to help)

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #158 on: June 20, 2014, 07:09:47 am »

Sorry, reading seems to be hard for me. Nice that you found it anyway :).

You made a little error, btw: "So now I just have to contact them, and..." (just trying to help)

Thanks! As my "Signature" says, any correction is very welcomed :)

I just was confused about how/when to use "Them" and "They", now I see it clearer, thanks ;D

thx_nb

« Reply #159 on: June 20, 2014, 07:21:22 am »

Understandable, I'm not a native speaker myself, but I am Dutch. Most people here start learning English quite early.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #160 on: June 21, 2014, 09:34:52 am »

As some of you requested, I made the default livery (Polar 5) duller/less shiny. In fact it has the same settings as for example, USFS (U.S. Forest Service) livery by John514. I think it's fine like that.
I hope you like it :)

Link added below the Full Download link in main post as well.
               Duller default livery               

aaronin93313

Re: [Released] Basler Turbo BT-67
« Reply #161 on: September 16, 2014, 06:19:29 am »

Maybe I missed it, but is there a way to change first person camera views?   Different seats, etc...?  Thanks!  Awesome plane!

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #162 on: September 16, 2014, 08:04:49 am »

Maybe I missed it, but is there a way to change first person camera views?   Different seats, etc...?  Thanks!  Awesome plane!
Thank you!

Currently, there are no multiple cameras for 1st person view officially supported (we will need an extended keyboard functionality).

You can open the script by pressing ALT+E and edit this line to set a different position:
Code: [Select]
Line 372      this.set_fps_camera_pos({x:-0.45,y:5.13,z:0.88});
For instance, in the A380-800 you can switch between 13 different camera views, using the unused Mixture control...

Edit: You probably saw, that in one of the videos, I jumped on the right side... That was something temporal for the video. It was based on the gear position.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 08:09:24 am by Levi »

HiFlyer

« Reply #163 on: September 16, 2014, 12:36:23 pm »

Outerra needs a lot of things, including extended keyboard functionality, but the important thing is that now, in the Flight Sim community, after years of people laughing at the idea and brushing it off, Outerra is now gaining the respect and interest due to a worthy contender as a possible flight sim. (and more)

Its been a long time coming, and Levi, you and those planes you released were a big part of it, making people sit up and take notice.

Those shadows and tree shading released after that were a one-two punch, and now the Outerra developers have the stage.

I'm going to enjoy watching the show!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

baber

« Reply #164 on: September 16, 2014, 07:52:19 pm »

Outerra needs a lot of things, including extended keyboard functionality, but the important thing is that now, in the Flight Sim community, after years of people laughing at the idea and brushing it off, Outerra is now gaining the respect and interest due to a worthy contender as a possible flight sim. (and more)

Its been a long time coming, and Levi, you and those planes you released were a big part of it, making people sit up and take notice.

Those shadows and tree shading released after that were a one-two punch, and now the Outerra developers have the stage.

I'm going to enjoy watching the show!
sorry really offtopic but do you know how to change camera setting in Cessna ? I couldn't find the same line in the script of Cessna.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12