Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Welcome to the 'Ideas' forum  (Read 149644 times)

Stepback

Re: Welcome to the 'Ideas' forum
« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2012, 01:10:43 pm »

Good evening.
For a long time watching the progress of the project Outerra, I like everything in this project, it is stunning, graffike, like your I have never seen anywhere else, other games / simulations, and did not stand next to your project. What, exactly, I want to offer. I am very passionate about aviation and will soon become a pilot at the moment I'm flying in the simulator, called Microsoft Flight Simulation X, so that's out there and graffika level of implementation of the Earth's surface there is very low. After watching your videos, I'm just eager to so that you have created a simulator and realistic as possible in terms of aircraft dynamics and physics in general. I very much want the aircraft behaved the most realistic in various weather conditions or accidents. I would like to just see all the airports in the world, as in the simulations, where I am now flying. As well as the ability to install their own aircraft to your simulator. If you create a flight simulator you will fall through at this big jackpot, take my word, thousands and thousands of people are eager to differentiate amongst Quterra as a flight simulator. Thank you. :)

traumstrand5

« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2012, 08:08:09 am »

Good evening.
For a long time watching the progress of the project Outerra, I like everything in this project, it is stunning, graffike, like your I have never seen anywhere else, other games / simulations, and did not stand next to your project. What, exactly, I want to offer. I am very passionate about aviation and will soon become a pilot at the moment I'm flying in the simulator, called Microsoft Flight Simulation X, so that's out there and graffika level of implementation of the Earth's surface there is very low. After watching your videos, I'm just eager to so that you have created a simulator and realistic as possible in terms of aircraft dynamics and physics in general. I very much want the aircraft behaved the most realistic in various weather conditions or accidents. I would like to just see all the airports in the world, as in the simulations, where I am now flying. As well as the ability to install their own aircraft to your simulator. If you create a flight simulator you will fall through at this big jackpot, take my word, thousands and thousands of people are eager to differentiate amongst Quterra as a flight simulator. Thank you. :)

There are a lot of flightsim enthusiats (including myself) around here at the forums actually!
There even was some poll going on a little while ago, where flightsimmers did show their common interest to at least have a "flightsimming option" available for/within Outerra!
Though i am not sure how exactly Outerra will look like once it is almost finished, because i am sure there will always be some updates and work in progress following - But when keeping in mind all this great and interesting stuff that is being discussed around the forums here, i am very, very confident that Outerra will certainly offer a virtual environment where flightsimmers will definitely feel home!  ;) :)

JackDawson

• Bashing my head up against a stone.
    • The Epicureanist Youtube Channel
« Reply #122 on: May 24, 2012, 12:28:11 pm »

Good evening.

There are a lot of flightsim enthusiats (including myself) around here at the forums actually!
There even was some poll going on a little while ago, where flightsimmers did show their common interest to at least have a "flightsimming option" available for/within Outerra!
Though i am not sure how exactly Outerra will look like once it is almost finished, because i am sure there will always be some updates and work in progress following - But when keeping in mind all this great and interesting stuff that is being discussed around the forums here, i am very, very confident that Outerra will certainly offer a virtual environment where flightsimmers will definitely feel home!  ;) :)

Actually, Anteworld looks like its going to be a Flight SIM game. The Outerra Engine however, can be used for anything. I am hoping to use it as my engine for my crafting game I am wanting to create.
"Building an Empire with only 64K"

atgcab

« Reply #123 on: June 09, 2012, 06:12:36 pm »

Hi,

First of all, congratullations for this beautiful program. I've purchased it just a couple of days ago and I'm astonished.

I'm a flightsim enthusiast and a developer for X-Plane FS, and needless to say that outerra terrain and lighting are far more realistic than MFS or X-Plane's. I think that with not too much developement a VFR flightsim (focused on light and simple aircrafts) could developed from outerra. I know I'm not saying anything new...

Besides, another thing that I like about outerra is the idea of seeing the world without anything human or before it was infected by this skin disease called mankind or as it was seen by the first humans,... you name it.

With that in mind, how about a prehistoric game? No cities, no roads,... not that much to add (just some flora and fauna: the more, the better). But, in essence, the main things are there already: you have to survive, you have to fight, you have to move, you have to learn some abilities, and so on... The more accurate, the better (i. e., it would be cool to make silex tools following the levallois technique  :)). A game like skyrim, but without all that "lord of the rings" bullshit (that I love) and 20000 years ago, for example. Something like "Quest for Fire", with that encounter between neanderthals and sapiens...

Just some rough ideas

Ozybolairy

« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2012, 05:05:01 am »

To add to this idea, I like the sound of a game where you start off as cave men and need to build caves/tools to enable the community to hunt to eat or gather food from vegetation. You could then have research elements which allow the community to develop new tools and buildings so we pass through centuries of civilisations up until present day and beyond. Multiplayer would be impressive with communities fighting at different ages. Would be a lot of work, but a good game

Ice Cold Killa

• Hello.
« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2012, 06:57:17 am »

Seeing the potential of the engine, we can say that we can't limit it to just one type of gameplay. We could instead implement all types of game modes such as flight, train, boat etc simulators; RTSes and FPS. If this could be pulled off then the game would be a universal one, gaining a lot of popularity ;)

xiong

« Reply #126 on: June 29, 2012, 10:26:48 am »

i will have to come back to read this forum later, found too late now pass midnite.

i just say, looking at the videos and pixs, this looks to be by far the best i have seen.

being a engineer for a long time, the potential for this product is limitless. there is no program out there that i know which you can build/design to full scale (life size scale).

recently, i started playing a multi-players online game called "simcountry" and i really wish that game has what you got here to put their 5 worlds on.

if you haven't realize yet, you got something that can be developed into a game or real-life applications.

gotta go to bed, so bookmarked.

thanks

vvb

« Reply #127 on: July 29, 2012, 09:12:22 am »

Hello there!

I guess most of you have heard that MS had cancelled the flight simulator project:

http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/news/1006601.20120726.Microsoft-cancels-Flight-and-Project-Columbia/

In this regard seems the Outerra has got the unique chance to intercept the leading position among flight simulators.

Dear OT-team, please consider that thoroughly. Thank you.

R.B.E

« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2012, 05:23:46 am »

I have an idea, you should try implementing From Dust's(game) fluid physics in.

traumstrand5

« Reply #129 on: August 21, 2012, 04:15:42 am »

Hello there!

I guess most of you have heard that MS had cancelled the flight simulator project:

http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/news/1006601.20120726.Microsoft-cancels-Flight-and-Project-Columbia/

In this regard seems the Outerra has got the unique chance to intercept the leading position among flight simulators.

Dear OT-team, please consider that thoroughly. Thank you.

I am also hoping that the OT-team will seriously keep some focus on generating a flightsimming environment.
Nonetheless:
I am totally aware of the fact though, that OT has to offer by far, far more than just becoming a mere flightsimming-engine.
So: I also really don't want OT to only be another flightsim - not at all!
But honestly:
Although current hardware and all these many 3rd party add-ons which are available for flightsimmers really offer some great flightsimming experiences for either X-plane, FSX, RiseOfFlight or LM's Prepar3D and DCS currently, all of them still lack of a real convincing, accurate and dynamic "world-engine".
Sure and as i just pointed out: It does look overall nice an fine within any of these sims - but compared to what OT looks like even by now and already, all the others mentioned here still appear rather out-dated.
So i am also - and i am sure many other flightsimenthusiasts as well - really hoping that OT will offer a serious flightsimming-option!
But there has been a lot of disussion going on in this forum about that issue anyways.
Therefore:
Let's continue supporting OT and - well:
From time to time raise the "flightsimming-issue" here  ;)
 :)

CheckMyMoves

« Reply #130 on: September 14, 2012, 09:46:31 am »

I did not read entire thread but if it has not been suggested already, The sky could use some animated clouds if possible, is that on the table for the future?

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #131 on: September 14, 2012, 11:48:41 am »

Yes. Many things are on the table. And the table is HUGE..
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Allan Davidson

« Reply #132 on: December 05, 2012, 11:53:38 pm »

3 ideas for Anteworld.

1) Online Multiplayer Colaboration.

2) Human Model

3) 3rd person view!

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #133 on: December 06, 2012, 12:54:19 am »

1, soon

2, there is already

http://i5.minus.com/iW3c5I45D0QD.png

3, there is already
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Allan Davidson

« Reply #134 on: December 06, 2012, 03:09:31 pm »

About my ideas, when multiplayer is avaliable, each one player could have a human model, for you know where your friends are flying around.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11