Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: [Released] Alps scenery  (Read 105301 times)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Re: [WIP] Alps scenery
« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2015, 04:09:42 pm »

Some bldgs are sunk into the ground on some hills but that's to be expected with the Outerra engine, not bad enough to warrant a fix, just looks like some are built into sloping ground.

Ok, this one is normal (for the big city at least), I haven't leveled the terrain for these yet. It will be done at some point, because it will also help to remove trees for those who are using different forest settings.

Thanks for the feedback :)

HiFlyer

« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2015, 07:39:10 pm »

Yep, since its gotten so quiet, I have been checking other things, but except for the already mentioned buildings, there is nothing bad to report. In fact the recent update seems to have added a bit of efficiency to Outerra, so I have actually notched things up a bit.

The Alps area is fine. Still slight hesitations near Talkeetna. I'm beginning to doubt I will ever find out why.

By the way, in the full Talkeetna download, I think you may have missed this: World2XPlane > houses > EU > AT

Was getting a warning that it didn't exist.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 07:42:42 pm by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #107 on: April 12, 2015, 03:10:56 am »

Still slight hesitations near Talkeetna.

Talkeetna use too much different models for a single location, too much detailed for this purpose too. As a result, it's not optimized as LFNA is, because the engine have to load/unload complex packages all the time. In LFNA, the model set is the same for all the scene, so Outerra doesn't have to load anything except the World2Xplane ones. And of course, these are really simple objects.

By the way, in the full Talkeetna download, I think you may have missed this: World2XPlane > houses > EU > AT

Thanks, I need to go back to Talkeetna at some point and fix a few things (and add KW71 bridges...)

2eyed

« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2015, 07:08:42 am »

Great job, Acetone! You have surpassed yourself with this scenery!

It would be nice to have tree objects to plant (even if they are only billboards) to make avenue roads or parks or things like that.
It's a pity, texture resolution from buildings does not quite match world detail.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #109 on: April 12, 2015, 10:36:04 am »

Thanks 2eyed :)

So, nobody sees the huge road spike at the north of Gap (the big city)?

HiFlyer

« Reply #110 on: April 12, 2015, 11:38:52 am »

Nope. And they are not called road spikes. They are orbital towers. say it with me slowly....
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

krcm1981

« Reply #111 on: April 12, 2015, 11:57:11 am »

I didn't see anything as noticeable as that. I'll see if I can't replicate it in a few minutes but something like that would definitely caught my attention as the big city is where I spent the most time flying around. Will report back shortly, but my guess is it's not there.
U.S. Army CW2 Ret.
153DD UH-60A/L Aviator MedEvac

HiFlyer

« Reply #112 on: April 12, 2015, 12:10:50 pm »

Ok, searching very carefully, I found it. It appears to be invisible from most angles, though........

krcm1981

« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2015, 12:36:01 pm »

I was wrong, Yes it is there but like the poster said above it is invisible until you hit just the right spot, then it pops in to view, I will continue to fly around a lot more keeping an eye out for things but still over all great job on your work.
U.S. Army CW2 Ret.

krcm1981

« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2015, 12:54:55 pm »

If you take off heading south from the airport(near the big city), go past the lake there is a large hill to the south of the lake, on the other side of that hill is a road,look on that road( towards your front left front) there is another tower, not as tall. I Don't know how to take a picture of its location in the oculus.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 01:00:08 pm by krcm1981 »
U.S. Army CW2 Ret.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #115 on: April 12, 2015, 01:29:55 pm »

If you take off heading south from the airport(near the big city), go past the lake there is a large hill to the south of the lake, on the other side of that hill is a road,look on that road( towards your front left front) there is another tower, not as tall. I Don't know how to take a picture of its location in the oculus.

Yep, that's an other one :)
I already fixed several of these before but it require to destroy the local road data so it may be more difficult for these (longer roads). I will find a solution :)

Thanks guys :)

M7

« Reply #116 on: April 12, 2015, 03:56:19 pm »

Have you tried to delete a couple of node on each side of the spike and at the spike itself, and then recreate them?

tknudsen

« Reply #117 on: April 12, 2015, 10:31:29 pm »

Very cool

HiFlyer

« Reply #118 on: April 12, 2015, 11:54:03 pm »

Hopefully the issue of spikes is one of those attacked in the new road system.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #119 on: April 13, 2015, 02:48:42 am »

Hopefully the issue of spikes is one of those attacked in the new road system.

... im sure of it ... once they will be able to generate roads from open data on global scale, it would be a needle-ball if not.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12