Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: demo ?  (Read 239787 times)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
demo ?
« Reply #195 on: February 23, 2011, 01:01:15 am »

Quote from: luk528
idea: maybe for the demo we could select any area we wanted but obviously limited area like 150km/s x 150km/s ...
then we could choose where we live etc. :) lol my first post :D

I think the demo will get a bigger area then that. But it will probably be an island like Hawaii (or Australia). The Game you/I/we will pay for will have the entire earth.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Lucas

demo ?
« Reply #196 on: February 23, 2011, 01:09:34 am »

Quote from: ZeosPantera
I think the demo will get a bigger area then that. But it will probably be an island like Hawaii (or Australia). The Game you/I/we will pay for will have the entire earth.

the 150km/s was an example and an island would suffice for the demo.. i will 100% buy this game, i have known about it for a little while but just signed up for the forum today :)

Pezzer

demo ?
« Reply #197 on: February 23, 2011, 10:24:51 am »

I was thinking that maybe the UK as an island for the demo, or maybe somewhere like iceland. Neither are massive but both offer plenty of stuff to explore (although iceland may be outside the 90m dataset).

Just a thought but maybe, although i like the idea of fiji or hawaii.

rubbish

demo ?
« Reply #198 on: February 28, 2011, 09:22:10 pm »

screw amd.  give us a demo!  :mad:

light

demo ?
« Reply #199 on: March 01, 2011, 02:16:48 pm »

I can't wait for demo anymore. :) Please release the demo for Nvidia users.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
demo ?
« Reply #200 on: March 01, 2011, 02:41:54 pm »

Quote from: rubbish
screw amd.  give us a demo!  :mad:

Quote from: light
I can't wait for demo anymore. :) Please release the demo for Nvidia users.

I can predict an answer to this..

no
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Lawrs

demo ?
« Reply #201 on: March 01, 2011, 06:26:44 pm »

I switched out my 9800 GT to two HD5770 not very long ago and ATI is what's having troubles :c

Abc94

demo ?
« Reply #202 on: April 14, 2011, 10:40:47 pm »

So, as I usualy ask, how are the AMD issues going?  Is it still looking like a summer release?  :D
"It costs over $400 000 to play for 12 seconds."     Heavy Weapons Guy on Outerra demo.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
demo ?
« Reply #203 on: April 15, 2011, 02:57:50 am »

I will check again probably this weekend. Noticed there was a new beta driver build, even though AMD guys didn't notice us that the last bug was fixed.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
demo ?
« Reply #204 on: May 07, 2011, 05:29:13 pm »

I've been testing another beta driver, there is still some problem that crashes the driver when rendering instanced geometry that is used for model rendering. With models disabled, we are getting close to the desired results, though not quite.

A bigger problem is that the performance is way too low, and what absolutely doesn't make sense is that unoptimized debug build is twice as fast - but renders close parts incorrectly :rolleyes:

Jak_o_Shadows

• http://jak-o-shadows.users.sourceforge.net
demo ?
« Reply #205 on: May 08, 2011, 01:07:28 am »

What about doing the whole of the carribean, like FSX? Guess that doesn't show off road building and the like too well though.
Either that or Tunisia. Why? Because there's tuns of things to do in outerra there.

Are you planning on including any sort of premade civilization in the demo to show off stuff?
Do you know how hard it is to get a 51 frame gif under 10kb at a decent resolution?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
demo ?
« Reply #206 on: May 08, 2011, 01:58:58 am »

Quote from: Jak_o_Shadows
Are you planning on including any sort of premade civilization in the demo to show off stuff?
Nope, we don't plan doing any significant content for the demo ourselves. It may be a kind of demo front-end for the game, and the game should be a sandbox with people building the world. The way of Minecraft, except everybody is in one world and there's some basic economy simulation and such.

Outercraft :D

Jagerbomber

demo ?
« Reply #207 on: May 08, 2011, 01:16:26 pm »

BUILDCRAFT! lol kind of redundant.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

corona

demo ?
« Reply #208 on: May 11, 2011, 03:51:31 pm »

So are we hanging on ATI alone? You said you don't have any special plans for the demo right (more like a tech preview), so once it works on them we are good to go? Please say yes :-)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
demo ?
« Reply #209 on: May 11, 2011, 04:40:32 pm »

Seeing how the ATI issues are being resolved, and adding obligatory 2 months time until the fixed driver gets published, I now think the demo and alpha sandbox game will be coming out together, or close. With that in mind the demo will be probably strategically positioned as a lure for the game itself :)

But we are still thinking what exactly will be in it.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19