Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Racing Challenge  (Read 26252 times)

thx_nb

Re: Racing Challenge
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2015, 01:05:59 pm »

Totally forgot that I made this :D.
I have to figure out which cache files to include. Will provide an otx ASAP.

@Acetone, do you have that world map with the segments somewhere?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 01:10:10 pm by thx_nb »

M7

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2015, 02:21:14 pm »

I have a long track here : http://www.mediafire.com/download/les67o2u7fglofx/Outerra_race.otx

It was made mostly for off-roads vehicles (dirt track) but it should be fine with this version of the 335i. The track is really large to avoid the high-speed spins. If some folks are interested, I can do some other tracks (dirt/gravel or asphalt).

I tried it and it's really not a good track for the slippery control that i like :o. I much prefer sneaky, narrow or medium width road that you cant build up too much speed.  Tallard area has some good potential one. I also like the Alaskan one that HiFlyer opened  this thread with.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 08:13:11 am by M7 »

thx_nb

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2015, 04:13:25 pm »

So here's the nurburgring (asphalt only). There's no buildings or such.
Download Nurburgring

M7

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2015, 05:44:00 pm »

It's a really nice track but too fast for drifting . :( A cool thing is that you can see you position on the track in OSM map.

HiFlyer

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2015, 06:08:52 pm »

Download Nurburgring

Thanks!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

thx_nb

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2015, 06:29:52 pm »

It's a really nice track but too fast for drifting . :( A cool thing is that you can see you position on the track in OSM map.

There's a little track next to the main track, but it's probably too small :(.

HiFlyer

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2015, 06:53:05 pm »

Multiplayer!!!!! (He shrieks)
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

M7

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2015, 11:22:25 pm »

I think i didn't drove much since trees have shadows. Since HiFlyer got me back on the ground, i find that driving in forest is so beautifull now.... :o

HiFlyer

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2015, 04:59:32 am »

The road just needs a texture thats a little bit easier to keep track of.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2015, 05:04:49 am »

The road just needs a texture thats a little bit easier to keep track of.

... nah, just needs a few hundred cars to wear it off a little bit. Mud and water ponds ...  :D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2015, 05:42:43 am »

Totally forgot that I made this :D.
I have to figure out which cache files to include. Will provide an otx ASAP.

@Acetone, do you have that world map with the segments somewhere?

Yup, it's on Cameni's online picture folder : http://i3.minus.com/ibcrtObqwPVS16.png

You should create a thread on the scenery subforum :)

josem75

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2015, 07:15:06 am »

Acetone, yes, i saw your road and i completed in car and by cessna, it was awesome!! Great place. 
thx_nb, i am sure this circuit is which i saw in Reddit, but without download, thanks for share!!  This is what i was telling about. Now controling the phisics parameters we can get more real cars and easily make real circuits.
Maybe the first online capability of the engine can be small areas with a circuit for limited people use, so we can have real races xD.
Also, the ability of make an option when you create a closed road with a finish line, and add a cronometer and a counter everytime you complete the circuit, knowing your time and your lap numbers, that would be nice!

I was thinking, would be posible we elaborate a list with the JS options which control the important things of the driving parameters?
For example, now i know i can touch slip and slip_lateral_coef for change the drift.  Would be nice to know what can i touch for change the direction sensibility, because for example the Dodge Viper is almost imposible to turn, it would need much more sensibility.
Also the suspension, for put more hard, etc. And so on, with all parameters, in words that anybody can understand, so we can touch them and refine the phisics.

M7

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2015, 09:02:35 am »

As far as dirt road style of racing, i'd say the js script can be pretty basic. The bullet physic is doing a really good job for that type of driving with and The tire friction seems to be the main element. With a slip 0.6  you get ice or mud type of driving. Slip 0.8-0.9 feels like dirt road and 1.2 is more for alsphalt (all with sideslip 1.0) . But i also find that the more friction on the tire makes it harder to drift as your reaction time has to be faster.

So for me i'd say that i got addicted to the dirt road/rally style of racing. I did a quick sneaky circuit somewhere in ireland. I'll continue to fine tune it. When i'll be happy about it, i'll share if there's other fans of that type of racing.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2015, 11:06:01 am »

Download Nurburgring

You have a missing model somewhere in the scene, one of the pedropp signs. If there are no models in this area, the most simple way to fix this is to search for the only object.bix file in the .otx and delete it :)

M7

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2015, 12:35:08 pm »

There's a little track next to the main track, but it's probably too small :(.

I actually drove the small track thinking that was it  :-[. I went back and saw the big one  =D  With the BMW with 1.1 slip It's a blast!!! It has to be the perfect car for that track. Drifting is pretty hard with that level of grip but is possible...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4