Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: [WIP] Boeing AH-64D Apache Longbow  (Read 161066 times)

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
Re: [WIP] Boeing AH-64D Apache Longbow
« Reply #165 on: December 17, 2015, 03:58:35 pm »

<--- TO DO!  ;)
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

DONALD TRUMP

• HELLO
« Reply #166 on: December 18, 2015, 09:30:07 am »

WHAT IS THAT? ARE PEOPLE THESE DAYS COMPLETELY UNAWARE OF SOME BASIC MARKETING?

OK, AS A SUCCESSFUL ENTREPRENEUR (AM A BILLIONAIRE), MY BUSINESS RECOMMANDATIONS COST TOP DOLLAR, BUT YOU KIDS ARE FUNNY SO THIS ONE WILL BE FREE.

I'VE CHECKED THE NUMBERS: UNIT COST - 20M$ TO 65M$
DON'T GET ME WRONG, I COULD BUY A COUPLE OF THESE IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE, BUT FOR THAT PRICE I WOULD EXPECT A DECENT AMOUNT OF CONVENIENCES. LOOK AT THAT THING, NOT EVEN A CUP HOLDER?!? THERE IS NO SPACE, NO POOL, YOU ARE NOT EVEN FACING EACH OTHER, WHO MADE THAT CRAPPY DESIGN?

NUMBER OF UNITS SOLD: AROUND 2 000 

OH, WHAT A SURPRISE, HIGH PRICE AND NO PREMIUM FEATURE, HOW COULD YOU EXPECT TO SELL THIS THING? I'M EVEN SURPRISED YOU MANAGED TO SOLD ONE. PROBABLY SOME DRUNK RICH IDIOT IN CHINA WHO THOUGH IT WOULD LOOK COOL IN HIS GARDEN.
I MEAN, I THINK IT WOULD LOOK COOL IN MY GARDEN, BUT NOT AT THAT PRICE. 20M? JEEZUS, I COULD BUY A GOLF COURSE!

IF YOU WANT TO - AND YOU NEED TO - HIT THE DOMESTIC MARKET, YOU'LL NEED TO DO SOME SERIOUS EFFORTS TO CUT THE PRICE OF THIS UGLY THING.

FIRST: TWO SEATS. ARE YOU TARGETING THESE DOWNTOWN HIPSTERS WHO DON'T HAVE KIDS BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO BUSY TRAVELING AROUND THE WORLD AND SMOCKING WEED? HOW CAN YOU EVEN...??
I STOP HERE.
FAMILIES. FA-MI-LIES. IF YOU WANT TO SELL THIS THING, YOU NEED CLIENTS READY TO TAKE A 20 YEARS CREDIT, BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE ANY HOPES AND AREN'T EXPECTING TO DO SOMETHING NICE ANYMORE WITH THEIR LIFE, THANKS TO TWO LITTLE CRYING TUMORS THAT WILL NEVER STOP TO RUIN THEIR LIFE.

I LOVE CHILDREN, THEY ARE THE FUTURE OF OUR NATION.

ANYWAY, YOU'LL NEED MORE THAN TWO SEATS ON THAT THING.

HORSE POWER: 1,696shp
WOW WOW WOW, YOU GUYS ARE NOT AFRAID OFF OVER-ENGINEERING!
SEEMS LIKE A LOT FOR A QUICK TRIP AT COSTCO WHEN YOU NEED SOME MILK, BUT I VALUE ENTHUSIASM A LOT, SO KEEP IT (BUT CHEAPER, LIKE ONE OF MY FRIENDS AT VOLKSWAGEN SAID ONE DAY "THE ONLY FAILURE IS TO NOT SELL YOUR PRODUCT").

SO APPARENTLY, THE BIG ARGUMENT OF YOUR FLYING LAWNMOWER IS THIS "R-TARDS" OR WHATEVER YOU CALL THAT THING (FIRE YOUR MARKETING DEPARTMENT, THESE NAMES ARE LAME). DO YOU REALLY THING THE KEY COMPONENT OF A VEHICLE CAN BE SOME SORT OF DUMB BIG CAMERA? I MEAN, EVERYONE ALREADY HAS ONE OF THESE THINGS ON THE PHONE, THIS IS STUPID, REMOVE THAT AND ADD A CUP HOLDER.

INCLUDED IS A PICTURE OF THE FINAL PRODUCT:

YOU'RE WELCOME

YOUR FRIEND,
DONALD
I AM WHAT I AM, DEAL WITH IT

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #167 on: December 18, 2015, 11:15:06 am »

DONALD TRUMP,

First of all, let me be very clear, this AH-64D Apache Longbow is a virtual model, and is in no way endorsed by, or in any other way affiliated with the manufacturer.

Secondly, and in reference to my first point and in regards to your argument of cost, as a virtual model, it will be released for free to anyone already having a license to run the tech demo of Outerra Anteworld.

That said, you make one accurate assumption, the Apache is not a luxury aircraft, and I would like to point out that such a statement would be like comparing it with a private business jet. In fact, just as the Apache does not accommodate a cup holder to place a king sized soft drink in and freedom fries, and neither is it built for family occupants, neither does a private jet have a 30mm chain gun, 70mm rockets, or laser guided missiles, and it is obviously against federal law for a civilian aircraft to carry weaponry in national airspace.

As a moderator, I have to uphold the rules and terms agreed to by all members on this forum. While I personally don't think your post violates any of the forum rules, and I am therefore not going to remove the post, I would like to ask you to read the Registration Agreement when considering future posts. Lastly, while I don't personally consider this post to be defamatory to KW71, Acetone or myself, others might consider it trolling or off-topic. You have every right to hold an opinion and preserve your freedom of speech, and thank you for your cooperation in keeping this forum a friendly environment for everyone.

Registration Agreement, first paragraph:
"You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum."

Now, let's get back to the topic of this project! :)

Best regards,
Uriah George

P.S. Thanks to everyone for their support of this project, we are all very excited about its upcoming alpha release, and more details as well as a teaser video will be posted very soon!!!

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #168 on: December 18, 2015, 05:26:04 pm »

K whatever

P.S. Thanks to everyone for their support of this project, we are all very excited about its upcoming alpha release, and more details as well as a teaser video will be posted very soon!!!

Yep, thanks everyone  :)

Actually, some new informations:
I was concerned about what would result the landing of a civilian aircraft in an army base. After a few searches, it appears the outcome of this situation would be rather unpleasant for the said pilot, so I decided to add some civilian airports here and there (real ones, don't worry).

Here is a preview of the more advanced, Tacoma Narrows airport, a nice little location, just a few miles north of JBLM (you can actually see the buildings in this picture).

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #169 on: December 18, 2015, 05:50:32 pm »

Hey D'Duck from which madhouse you have flown this time, or are all these moneybags
are brain amputated?  =D Go nevertheless times elsewhere trollsknave.

#######################################################

Good work, Acetone! But let me give you a tip. If you set up the houses, do not
hesitate to a subfloor among them. Looks a lot better after that and real of all. ;)
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #170 on: December 20, 2015, 04:25:10 pm »

A quick glimpse of the new civilian airport in this area. You can expect a longer video in the next few days, showing more urban content :)

HiFlyer

« Reply #171 on: December 21, 2015, 01:05:30 pm »

Nice job on the airport! I notice the road joins are very smooth as well, which I know can be fairly frustrating to get right. Looking forward to it!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #172 on: December 24, 2015, 04:10:00 pm »

The Apache team wish you a merry Christmas!

"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

HiFlyer

« Reply #173 on: December 24, 2015, 04:55:32 pm »

Happy Holidays!

Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

aWac9

« Reply #174 on: December 24, 2015, 05:57:06 pm »

Merry Christmas to all.

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #175 on: December 24, 2015, 08:27:37 pm »

Happy holidays!!  :D

aWac9

« Reply #176 on: December 25, 2015, 07:20:31 am »

all those toys would be a good ornament for my Christmas tree.    =D
Uriah .....  can send that version of outerra ??  :P

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #177 on: December 25, 2015, 02:36:39 pm »

Christmas presents can be strange things. Some are not what you would have expected, sometimes for the worst, but sometimes for the best. Here is the Christmas gift from the Apache team, and it's probably not what you were expecting - but we hope it's a cool one anyway =D

One of the models had a camera bug and the pilot view was locked to the horizon, not following the aircraft roll. The result is surprisingly cool.

It's also the first public video of the new Apache. I hope you'll enjoy the astonishing work Gerardo and Uriah did with this aircraft :)

Obviously, all content is WIP :)

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #178 on: December 25, 2015, 03:13:40 pm »

Under the high pass!!!  :))
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

aWac9

« Reply #179 on: December 25, 2015, 03:26:58 pm »

magnificent. I want one of those armed to the teeth.
great work of the entire team congratulations and thank you very much,,
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16