Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Post Your 3D Models!  (Read 96647 times)

XZS

• Outerra Supporter!
    • LBQ3TS - French Youtube Poop
Re: Post Your 3D Models!
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2012, 09:12:31 am »

Ok, I don't do any 3D modeling (I use to mess around with Autodesk Mudbox and I've got 3DS Max for some unknown reason, but that's it).
But when it comes to textures and 2D stuff, I can be the guy. My job is all about Photoshop 95% of the time, so I know a lot about 2D and I love texturing things. So if I can give an helpful hand, feel free to ask!

Beside, some of you must be already aware of these scripts to automatically generate buildings in 3DS Max and Blender, but here are the links in case people want to easily create new buildings for Outerra:

Free "Building Generator v.7" for 3DS Max (V.9 and above): http://tysonibele.com/Main/BuildingGenerator/buildingGen.htm

"Suicidator City Generator" for Blender (shareware): http://arnaud.ile.nc/sce/index.php

I've already have fun with "Building Generator v.7" for 3DS Max and it works well and it is really easy to use (even for a 3D modeling noob like me).
Burn a book, save a tree.
LBQ3TS - French Youtube Poop

[deleted]

« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2012, 12:01:09 pm »

Thank you for the blender city generator !!!!!! I'll try it when they'll implement the import tool.

7HUND3R

« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2012, 04:20:35 pm »

When you start out content such as houses, trees, etc. .. more signs?

zuluknob

« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2012, 04:15:51 am »

Windows 10 Pro
Amd fx-8350
2x Amd r9 280x
16gig ram
Hisense 58" 4k3D TV
blah blah blah...

zuluknob

« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2012, 05:41:03 am »

Windows 10 Pro
Amd fx-8350
2x Amd r9 280x
16gig ram
Hisense 58" 4k3D TV
blah blah blah...

zuluknob

Windows 10 Pro
Amd fx-8350
2x Amd r9 280x
16gig ram
Hisense 58" 4k3D TV
blah blah blah...

zuluknob

« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2012, 05:59:06 am »

and more...lol...
Windows 10 Pro
Amd fx-8350
2x Amd r9 280x
16gig ram
Hisense 58" 4k3D TV
blah blah blah...

zuluknob

« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2012, 06:33:26 am »

if we look at human history what has driven architecture is the available materials with their relative strengths/weaknesses and the processes/tools to use them. with the advent of the 3d printer we will have a new style of building where we can print the main structure of the building with minimal labor. the machines to print them can be printed themselves. we are at the nano scale with 3d printing already so the only problem for the colonists as far as buildings/tools go would be gathering the raw materials and assembling them, but then you could print a assembly robot or 2.
Windows 10 Pro
Amd fx-8350
2x Amd r9 280x
16gig ram
Hisense 58" 4k3D TV
blah blah blah...

PTTG

• The following post is procedurally generated:
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2012, 12:11:11 pm »

if we look at human history what has driven architecture is the available materials with their relative strengths/weaknesses and the processes/tools to use them. with the advent of the 3d printer we will have a new style of building where we can print the main structure of the building with minimal labor. the machines to print them can be printed themselves. we are at the nano scale with 3d printing already so the only problem for the colonists as far as buildings/tools go would be gathering the raw materials and assembling them, but then you could print a assembly robot or 2.

I don't quite know where you're getting that from... Our 3D printers still struggle with things more complex than solid plastic parts. There are a few extremely expensive ones that can make more complex shapes such as gears... You can get kits for about $800 that will let you print nicknacks, though.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2012, 12:31:47 pm »

Regardless of the current state of the technology, the idea of using such a universal machine was already discussed, see here: http://www.outerra.com/forum/index.php?topic=207.msg2250#msg2250

zuluknob

« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2012, 02:17:42 pm »

yes but here we are talking about the style of buildings possible with such tech not just that it exists.
Windows 10 Pro
Amd fx-8350
2x Amd r9 280x
16gig ram
Hisense 58" 4k3D TV
blah blah blah...

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2012, 06:14:47 am »

yes but here we are talking about the style of buildings possible with such tech not just that it exists.

Under the Venus project, you hawe an "city builder" printer ... the actual thing is the automatic building capability of high structural resemblence and acurracy. Actually, you can make an printer head for multiple materials printing at the same time, making building werry easy and whyte the printing mass height you can achieve an hardenning time to the moment the print-head comes back to the place ... actually, some metal things are made whyte the help of hi-power lasers in a bank of metall-dust ... just hardened afterwards ... so ewen an werry old candel-printer ... only, that lasers could not be powered by solars (not in our 50+ years as for they basic way of absorbing fotons to produce electron-mowement in the P-N- base structure ... ), its too low power from them (and not too stable too). But ... Russians already produce LED-like structured low power needed lasers (still a big energy-eater, but has the potencial in further developement). As Printed plastics-based electronics on a chemical base (from batteryes, solar pannels, transparent LED-s ...) i think its an future age of Printer-society before us ... well, still a little to far from our lives as we are organized and structuralized, but it will be ... if we really dont destroy our selwes .... in that case: Cameni !!!! How did you know whats gonna happen ?! ... this game of yours is not a game, its a sim. for preparing our children for REAL ANTENWORLD !!!  ... I wonna a creo-capsule, right at the window !!! :D
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 03:34:54 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

zuluknob

« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2012, 10:37:51 am »

free electron lasers would be the way to go. projected to be very high power(megawatts) would think that fusion will be sorted by then. the laser fusion one is ment to be breaking even this year if all goes to plan and the iter starts up soon.
Windows 10 Pro
Amd fx-8350
2x Amd r9 280x
16gig ram
Hisense 58" 4k3D TV
blah blah blah...

Bartolomeus

• VirtualTechArt Design
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2012, 02:48:07 am »

What do you think about submarines in Outerra?

Marko
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 04:05:30 am by Bartolomeus »

zuluknob

« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2012, 09:47:31 am »

I don't quite know where you're getting that from... Our 3D printers still struggle with things more complex than solid plastic parts. There are a few extremely expensive ones that can make more complex shapes such as gears... You can get kits for about $800 that will let you print nicknacks, though.

I am getting it from the recent developments in 3d printing. I suggest you have a look at what commercial printers can currently do(they have been around for 30 years) far more than just gears. In my previous post you can see that they can now print in resin at the nano scale. The colony ship leaves earth in 2100...plenty of time to advance the tech. I have been going on Physorg.com every day for years and have seen what is and has been developed in many fields. Just look at my previous video posts and use your imagination of what they can become in nearly 90 years. As for the expense, how much does 1 bolt on the space shuttle cost?
Windows 10 Pro
Amd fx-8350
2x Amd r9 280x
16gig ram
Hisense 58" 4k3D TV
blah blah blah...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10