Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Poll

What genre/area interests you most with regards to Outerra? 3 votes per user.

Flight simulators
- 243 (20.5%)
Train simulators
- 37 (3.1%)
Car simulators
- 87 (7.3%)
Military sims/games
- 157 (13.2%)
Fantasy/medieval games
- 66 (5.6%)
Sci-fi space games
- 108 (9.1%)
Social games
- 18 (1.5%)
Creation of virtual worlds
- 131 (11%)
Use in productions, movies, visualization etc.
- 16 (1.3%)
Strategy/civilization-style games
- 76 (6.4%)
Sandbox - Physics/Building games
- 199 (16.8%)
Ship/submarine simulator
- 48 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 462

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Who's here?  (Read 99764 times)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Who's here?
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2013, 02:19:08 pm »

All I can think about when discussing rocket propulsion is this..

Need to get that particle system in place to make this really happen.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

meatsauce

« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2013, 11:41:36 pm »

All I can think about when discussing rocket propulsion is this..

Need to get that particle system in place to make this really happen.

I'll take a few of those also. Defenses will be necessary. :)

I've seen a rocket motor or engine in jbsim; I'm assuming that we'll be able to use thruster physics and RCS control scripts to be developed. Are there any tutorials or write ups deal with rocket physics with this engine?
I think nobody tried to tie a rocket FDM to an imported model yet, but it should be normally possible. It requires some digging around in JSBSim to see how it's controlled and then writing a script for it.

One of the first things I did when we got access to OT was to replace the C172 with he X-15 rocket plane.
 www.outerra.com/forum/index.php?topic=709.msg8578#msg8578

It was a blast to fly into space, but it didn't have RCS control.  With some work, one could make a fully functioning Spacecraft.  Currently that requires aerodynamics understanding, but perhaps someone will make a module that is more like KSP and allow the user to just build a craft from parts and have the module determine the aerodynamics and control characteristics.

Thanks! That is a good place to start. I have to learn jbsim, right now I'm in the dark on it. I'll first try to get a model 'going up' but control will become an issue quickly. I found a nice Saturn V model on sketchup, figured out the importer, and put it in world; however, the configuration will take some more reading for me to unravel.

A mutlistage rocket with capsule will definitely take some work, but would be a nice side project. (Are there attach/detatch rules for staging or some function to use or will have I have to write that?)

Hopefully, I can peak some interest in a rocket / control module; maybe find someone willing to work on it with me. Seems like a fun extension.

Since we're in space, can users increase the intensity of the star-field?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 12:12:34 am by meatsauce »

Cycle

« Reply #122 on: January 31, 2013, 10:58:25 am »

Military and civil flight simulator in one would be great. But separately, one day I can fly in Vatsim on Boeing, other day to patrol borders on su-27 :)

to make virtual airlines or virtual air forces and to combine all simmers in one sim, fans of Lock On and fans of FSX, Prepar3d etc.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 11:04:58 am by Cycle »

SilentEagle

• Sim Developer
    • Simulation Developer
« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2013, 11:33:36 am »

I'm not sure whether or not OT allows for vehicle part persistence for spent stages in this case, but I know that someone has already made a fully functioning multistage rocket for jsbsim, capable of reaching orbit and maneuvering via RCS jets.
wiki.flightgear.org/Vostok-1

I would definitely be willing to help with a project like this, because I have come to learn JSBSim pretty well, but also because projects like that are what is going to be required to learn all the features that Outerra will need to implement and support to further the goal of this engine being used for simulation purposes and becoming developer friendly.  The best way to learn is to do.  I hear lots of plans on here, but until people start trying develop modules, the capability to do so will be limited.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 11:35:16 am by SilentEagle »

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #124 on: February 03, 2013, 01:19:52 pm »

Since the detail and scripting is already here, I`ll go with a "built my world and drive anything" Simulator!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

ZeakDK

« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2013, 01:21:34 pm »

I wanted to select all the options here, since I sincerely hope that this platform will support all of the above and even more.

My selection where based on my preference and what I hope I can get to work with, when the engine allows for more.

tatoforever

« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2013, 01:24:29 pm »

Hello,
First off, congratulations for this awesome peace of technology. I'm Georges from Psychoz Interactive, a small gaming company based in Montreal Canada. We are currently finishing our current project "Forgotten Memories" and we are looking for an engine that lead us renders very large natural vistas/landscapes but also have automatic streaming capacities. I'm not sure how Outerra handles the asset streaming (and It'll be very kind to share all those details).
We develop Third/First person adventure-horror games using Unity but we are looking for something in the lines of the Remedy's Alan Wake Engine (images below): With dynamic weather systems, day-night cycles, seamless indoor-outdoors, lightins, special effects, a particle system, vehicles, dynamic AI navigation, builn-in character animation system (root-motion, body IK, auto-footplant?) but the most important thing is the automatic streamable worlds. Well, something out of the box to create such kind of games mind you. ^^
How modular is outerra? Wondering if i can integrate it with Unity?
How far are you guys from complettling Outerra? any Roadmap or near-future features we can spect?
Tanks for your time! :)
[EDIT] I've bought the 15$ game and would like to donate more $ to support the dev of Outerra engine, also if the engine is almost finished (close to our next project start) we would like to work closelly with you if you don't mind. Feel free to contact me if you are interested. ;)

« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 01:28:19 pm by tatoforever »

tatoforever

« Reply #127 on: March 10, 2013, 04:42:26 pm »

Just in case, Brian from Outerra staff already answered my question. :)

Jonathan

« Reply #128 on: April 25, 2013, 01:23:11 am »

Flight Simulator!!!!

Draglide12

« Reply #129 on: April 27, 2013, 06:46:51 pm »

I think I may load of blender and start work on models for my own outerra based fantasy rpg... So much potential... anyway, by the time you make serious progress on the engine I'll be familiar enough with 3-d modeling to crank out a little fantasy world. By the way, what sort of capabilities does the engine have now in regards to rendering a custom map/world?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #130 on: April 29, 2013, 12:56:33 am »

I think I may load of blender and start work on models for my own outerra based fantasy rpg... So much potential... anyway, by the time you make serious progress on the engine I'll be familiar enough with 3-d modeling to crank out a little fantasy world. By the way, what sort of capabilities does the engine have now in regards to rendering a custom map/world?
Right now we would have to create a custom import filter for you, but later it's going to be scriptable and configurable.

Vincent1000

« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2013, 07:08:51 pm »

Hi, guys!

I would like to use outerra for flight/space simulations. Thanks!

Cheers,
        Vincent

Vincent1000

« Reply #132 on: May 09, 2013, 08:50:15 pm »

Hi, guys!

I'm not 100% sure, how do I use this poll? Thanks!

Cheers,
        Vincent

Woogey

« Reply #133 on: May 26, 2013, 09:10:28 pm »

Woogey here, pleased to introduce myself. I hale from the Pacific NW of the United States.  I like flight sims, and first person shooters.  Although my flight sim hobby, lately has morphed into scenery development.  A complete novice I have to admit, the airports I will be modelling to start off this adventure, will be Gray AAF on the Fort Lewis portion of JBLM.  I was inspired by a screen shot of Outerra, that had all 4 helos currently stationed there.  I don't know if the Ch-47, Uh-60, and Oh-58 are static objects or not?  If anyone has any more info on this, please Im me.  My goal is absolute authenticity of scale and shape.

My plan is to start at the ground level with the asphalt runways.  Followed by the concrete tarmac parking areas.  One by one I will add 100% custom buildings filling out the flight line area.  Future plans may include radiating out into the base further include the barracks and motor pool etc. 

Cameni, how does Outerra handle paint stripes on roadways?  Is there a set standard for runways, or is it freestyle painting right now? 

Also, what are your thoughts about things like navigation beacons that radiate signals for Aviators, and Mariners?  Is this something that should be part of the base engine? Or better handled by the individual modules that are yet to be developed?   

You have inspired me to create, l just hope, that my creations, will be inspiring by there own merits, and maybe get some more detailed aircraft to fly about. 

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #134 on: May 28, 2013, 02:24:11 am »

Welcome!

Cameni, how does Outerra handle paint stripes on roadways?  Is there a set standard for runways, or is it freestyle painting right now?
Right now there are just some predefined types of markings, but it will be made more universal. Normal stuff can be created from these basic types. For runways there's supposed to be an extra freestyle vector painting overlay, since there may be many special markings too.

Also, what are your thoughts about things like navigation beacons that radiate signals for Aviators, and Mariners?  Is this something that should be part of the base engine? Or better handled by the individual modules that are yet to be developed?   
As long as it's not connected directly to the world rendering it should be separate, unless some sort of support from the engine is useful.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10