Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Welcome to the 'Ideas' forum  (Read 161405 times)

halobungie

Welcome to the 'Ideas' forum
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2010, 08:18:09 am »

Hello,
can you publish a new Video from Outerra?
Thanks a Lot in Advance.
Greetings,
halobungie

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2010, 08:25:40 am »

We are currently in the midst of reworking and updating several components of the engine and at the moment nothing works :rolleyes: Kind of :)
But I was thinking about piecing together a video from the unused footage from the last one (in Himalayas).

If anyone's interested.

maxter

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2010, 09:07:40 am »

Interested?  Heck yeah...  Bring it on...

corona

« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2010, 09:34:59 am »

I would also be interested in some more technical videos, for instance a dev diary (not literally a diary thats done daily, but somelike like bi-weekly or so).

Perhaps a video that shows the effects of different fractal parameters, start out with wireframe renderings, then toggle on fractal refinements and explain quickly whats happening, etc.

That kinda thing :-)

halobungie

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2010, 09:46:40 am »

i am interested too!!!!!!
Best thanks in Advance!
halobungie

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2010, 09:48:20 am »

Quote from: corona
Perhaps a video that shows the effects of different fractal parameters, start out with wireframe renderings, then toggle on fractal refinements and explain quickly whats happening, etc.

That kinda thing :-)
Hmm .. I might kinda do that :)
Probably not the fractal refinement as it has been featured already, but the fractal texturing could be a good candidate.

corona

« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2010, 09:56:48 am »

*you know you want to*you know you want to**you know you want to*you know you want to*

PS: I knew my mind-control classes weren't wasted money!

Falk

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2010, 06:02:13 pm »

Hello :)

Congratulations to you - i´m overpowered from the Possibilities of your cosmic Rendering Engine.

At the age of nearly nine years of experience in 3d design - Outerra opens a Universe of Possibilities of Building 3d Worlds.

I´m really interested in Creating a "game"in OUTERRA. At the moment i´ve no determined idea except to build more individual Models all over the world, if it is aimed to do a copy of our real world. Such as the different types of vegetations, climatic zones, Stone and Rocktypes, maybe even the "tier world" ( animal world ). The are alot of things that would be able to modeled, texturebaked and animated exported to Outerra. For example a scripted alife behaviour between the animals :)

Think Outerra is able to be a never ending game, complementet over and over again with new features like parachute jumping from 30000 feet over sealevel ;)    

Is there a Possibility do to a Project with you ? If you are interested please email me. My skills enclose many different 3d Tools, so i´m a flink modeller can paint different textures (shaders). Also i can do Global-illumination bakeing directly to Texturemap and alot of other CG-things. Last four years i take a deep look in different realtime-engines - so i have a good basic knowledge about 3d realtime rendering.

It would be glad to hear from you !!!

All the best to you

Falk near Munich

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2010, 02:47:19 am »

Thanks, Falk

At the moment the tools for artists aren't finished so it would be a bit problematic; we are still testing them with some imported models and updating them to handle further features. But I hope the demo (or some of its successive updates) will eventually enable people to create the content for the world, and I expect from this could arise a tighter cooperation between us and capable people.

Currently we are defining what resources the different climate zones and land classes will be using. There should be few textures and a definition file per land type. Vegetation is different, as we need a smooth LOD switching there so there will be a generator that is capable of creating all the stages along with definitions for transitions etc., so toying with this can only come later.
I think we could use some help from the community with defining all the climate/land types, but we have to take the initial steps ourselves, to prepare the system in a universal way.

I think that just now the reasonable thing is to wait for the demo, and after the initial exploration period we will try and talk about how it can be extended and modded and where it sits with everyone's plans :)

Blackhawk998

« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2010, 07:51:14 pm »

Hi :)

I was just wondering about the scale of Earth created if you know what I mean. Say I took off in an aeroplane and was going at a realistic speed and height around the world, would it take me a realistic amount of time to travel the circumference of the world? Would I be sitting there for like 2 days straight just flying?

Thanks

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2010, 07:57:29 pm »

Quote from: Blackhawk998
I was just wondering about the scale of Earth created if you know what I mean. Say I took off in an aeroplane and was going at a realistic speed and height around the world, would it take me a realistic amount of time to travel the circumference of the world? Would I be sitting there for like 2 days straight just flying

Yes.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Blackhawk998

« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2010, 08:06:48 pm »

Quote from: ZeosPantera
I was just wondering about the scale of Earth created if you know what I mean. Say I took off in an aeroplane and was going at a realistic speed and height around the world, would it take me a realistic amount of time to travel the circumference of the world? Would I be sitting there for like 2 days straight just flying

Yes.

Awesome, thanks for that. I must say this engine completely blows me away. Amazing work

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2010, 08:13:53 pm »

Awesome, thanks for that. I must say this engine completely blows me away. Amazing work

Its the immense attention to detail that gets me. http://outerra.blogspot.com/2010/05/integrating-vector-data-roads.html
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Blackhawk998

« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2010, 09:32:20 pm »

Its the immense attention to detail that gets me. http://outerra.blogspot.com/2010/05/integrating-vector-data-roads.html

Yeh I know what you mean. I'm not exactly a genius when it comes to computers or coding, so it just boggles me how an engine can be so powerful and immense. All from just code. Correct me if I'm wrong, but on the most basic level isn't it all a bunch of 0's and 1's?

RaikoRaufoss

• Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
    • http://www.sabaton.net/
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2010, 09:39:27 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but on the most basic level isn't it all a bunch of 0's and 1's?
Indeed it is.
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
But we still remember your name
Karel Janoušek
We mourn the day that you died
So be our guide
CZECHOSLOVAKIA'S PRIDE!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11