Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Welcome to the 'Ideas' forum  (Read 161611 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Welcome to the 'Ideas' forum
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2011, 08:13:40 am »

Quote from: Flubadoo
One suggestion I would make is to make grass slightly more... varied?
Definitely. Don't take the grass as a final solution - quite contrary, it's just a placeholder. Multiple things will completely change the way it looks now - first, the climate data that will define rough color for approximately 500x500m areas, refined by a slightly finer fractal to gain color detail below that level, finally translating to a mix of terrain materials on the ground level.

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2011, 08:20:03 am »

You already know that outerra is still in development? So nothing is final? You are proposing more variety in grass.. lol, outerra doesnt have grass yet. So you cannot see ANY variation.. Did you even see some screenshots of outerra? Have a look in the demo screens section. What i want to say is: Proposing visual improvements like grass is too early.

RaikoRaufoss

• Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
    • http://www.sabaton.net/
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2011, 02:02:40 pm »

Necro, there is a sort of grass already, it just isn't 3D yet.  And even though it's not 3D it looks spectacular. :D
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
But we still remember your name
Karel JanouĊĦek
We mourn the day that you died
So be our guide
CZECHOSLOVAKIA'S PRIDE!!!!!!

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2011, 02:17:25 pm »

Quote from: Flubadoo
In ArmA 2, looking at things from pretty far away look really nice, and I don't expect Outerra to look as nice

I do, the current OT grass is essentially a placeholder [EDIT Damn you cameni for stealing my exact words before I wrote them]. The shots from Arma2 are not just grass they are wheat fields and meadows and all placed by a texture artist. All the grass in OT is placed everywhere by the procedural generator on ground that is flat enough to support it. There are no plans for having auto-generated plowed fields across the globe since the OT world is essentially uninhabited. That's not saying you wont be able to plow your own fields (Wink Wink Idea for the game).

Plus in most arma2 screens from afar all you see is the repeating textures and blobs of low res texture like they never intended you to see it from above.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2011, 04:01:33 pm »

Quote from: RaikoRaufoss
Necro, there is a sort of grass already, it just isn't 3D yet.  And even though it's not 3D it looks spectacular. :D

:D yah, sure. Maybe he meant the far away texture - i meant the particular grass :P

@Zeos:
far away you sometimes can just see the boring greyish fog, which is looking very unnaturally. No correct color perspective (i guess mie scattering). So comparing OT with Arma2 doesnt make sense. Arma has a big toyplane - OT a huge toyplanet. Whats better? I dont think the grass should weight the decision :P

mrr

« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2011, 05:01:26 pm »

A search and rescue game.. find the people and transport them to safety.

alasmattano

« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2011, 04:08:57 am »

I have a very nice 2004 glider in 3d polygon (ETA 30meters span LD1:60).
instrument are like the plane but different position plus need a total energy barometer.
but there are no lift, thermals, ride, waves, etc?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2011, 04:37:08 am »

Not yet, I guess it could come in an addon, or implemented as a core functionality if we get to make a sim one day. Otherwise it can be applied to FDM in JSBSim easily.

Alen Bajrovic

« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2011, 09:27:46 pm »

you should integrate Weather system (dynamic) snow and rain with snow surface shading and glossy rain shader , also good falling effect will be great like fs2004 and windshield effects or VC snow and rain effect :) low visibility layers , 3D clouds (hd) and finally post effects (sun shraft , GI , reflection , rain halo's) HDR supporT AND DX11 , I cant wait demo :)) , please make demo flight simuator with all graphic suported ,  only map limited , Good luck !

BenDragon

« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2011, 08:09:49 am »

post removed
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 04:45:15 pm by BenDragon »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2011, 05:31:08 pm »

In many respects it's similar to other world-building ideas, in fact I'd not call it an idea - it basically tries to emulate the real life in a game :)
But I've always wanted to make something like TTD or Transport Giant in Outerra World, with ability to take over the AI driven vehicles if one wishes so ..

Now we just need someone to start programming it :)

BenDragon

« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2011, 02:06:00 am »

Quote from: cameni
In many respects it's similar to other world-building ideas, in fact I'd not call it an idea - it basically tries to emulate the real life in a game :)
Isn't that the whole point of a simulator? :P
But I've always wanted to make something like TTD or Transport Giant in Outerra World, with ability to take over the AI driven vehicles if one wishes so ..
I think the whole 3D thing with tt has been done on another game .

Perhaps now is the right time to introduce a 3D world to a 2D game?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2011, 03:01:52 am »

Making it in OT will bring another layer of complexity though, if it should be up to the standard. Basically, apart from the need to have the complete game mechanism implemented (somebody should better start implementing it now), we'll need all the animations and additional detail to make it believable in OT world.

It would be fantastic, no doubt. I hope with successive steps we'll get there, one day :)
Shame there are so many ideas, so little time :/

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2011, 04:09:36 am »

Shame there are so many ideas, so little time :/

Time is not important only coders are important. Throw 1,000 assistants in line and 2,000 to check their code for errors and you will knock out all the ideas in no time.

Step 1. Start selling outerra

Step 2. Make some money

Step 3. Blow money on Strippers and Coding Staff

(If Applicable get girls who can code and strip to optimize efficiency)
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2011, 04:24:59 am »

Ok, I meant the codertime :)
That part about getting coders that would fit in will be hard, I feel. Nowadays the universities here produce mostly standardized java coders with untrained technical imagination. Or was it always so? We should really start hunting for some tech weirdos out there.

Yea, and we definitely need a stripper girl to check Angrypig's code and make him the coffee :D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11