Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Welcome to the 'Ideas' forum  (Read 157755 times)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Welcome to the 'Ideas' forum
« Reply #105 on: February 29, 2012, 11:13:05 pm »

Having some sort of mode change to put you in construction view. Nobody would need to make a road and jump 10,000 points front and back. And even if they did it is only the view. The player model should stay wherever it was when the road tool was activated.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Oldtown

« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2012, 01:30:23 am »

So we better start thinking about virtual airlines so we can travel bigger distances :D :D

schnell

« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2012, 08:40:14 pm »

base jump in this engine   ;)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #108 on: March 20, 2012, 07:17:10 am »

Having some sort of mode change to put you in construction view. Nobody would need to make a road and jump 10,000 points front and back. And even if they did it is only the view. The player model should stay wherever it was when the road tool was activated.

Something like in Hidden and Dangerous 2 - play and tactical view ... ? Cloud be an interesting combination in making the same thing in different hight´s not only for building, but for area-owerview, game-depended reasons too ... actually the skyrim way would be an interesting one for this engine (only: - just speed-up change of the camerra possition/heading to the height associated whyte the mentioned functions whyte maybe some limited angles of view).
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2012, 06:24:19 pm »

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o 8)
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

schnell

« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2012, 08:48:20 pm »

the posibility of do this

Foxiol

• Gamer
« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2012, 07:13:10 pm »

I am not too much for ideas but yes for add features that i saw in other engines that i am used to it.

I use Cryengine 2 and 3 a lot for my personal and novice creations or maps not even mods (i made my country in a 4 by 4 km size and created some buildings just using solids from the engine itself because i don´t even know how to use Maya or Autodesk, etc, mostly because my main language is Spanish and Cryengine is in English and the technical words are hard to understand for me and never learned how to use those programs and the worst part is that i have Autodesk and never touch it...so yes i am a noob in so many senses lol but i try to learn on my free times using common sense and test/error of course).

So Cameni just take a look in how Cryengine works because for my point of view it is a friendly user engine with cool and simple tools for add whatever you want or place objects, etc.

An cool idea for a presentation of Outerra engine could be something a little bit "special" and more for the masses and not just for "a couple" of people who likes flight or other kind of simulation.

If you add the Moon i am thinking about the mission of the Apollo 11 to the Moon. Imagine giving the opportunity for people to launch in the Apollo 11 from Cape Canaveral and all the way to the Moon watching the same sequences in a first person perspective (also with the same views as everyone remember). Watching how the Moon is getting closer and closer and then landing in it using the same views as in the real video could be great. And then when you arrive you can see the entire Earth from there with incredible quality. ;)

Of course you have to recreate the launch platform, Saturn 5 rocket,the Apollo 11, the lunar module, particle effects, clouds, the Moon, the exact distance from Earth and more...lot of work of course.

But i think as a presentation would be fantastic...imagine those people who tried to recreate it in flight simulators or just using CGI but now having the opportunity to interact and see it on fully glory. And of course this is going to show the real potential of the engine.     

I found things similar in you tube but always with the same result...or bad quality simulations as this:  ; or more or less what i want to see but again i can count the pixels lol :

You can find videos of the actual launch and the Moon landing on you tube + fotos. (i can search that for you if you take this in consideration with no problems at all)

Of course when you want to show the potential of the overall engine you need tons of material. Add some vehicle "samples" to show how physics works in different situations (land, air, water and space in this case but mixed with the sense of gravity that the landing is giving to you -it is more like a shake feeling of course-)

This engine is capable for everything in my eyes now and i can think in more things. 

A7M16

« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2012, 02:38:50 am »

I think it would be neat if you did like a super real physics sim combat survival game where you join a world with other players and can cut down trees and cut logs to make a log cabin something kinda like minecraft (only not blocky at all and doesn't look like crap (graphical wise) but über (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%9Cber) realistic survival sandbox  with like bugs and wildlife. You would also have the ability to kinda progress through the ages like being able to forge metal and work steel, make guns or swords, crap like that (basically put life into a computer game (i would pay a lot for that)).

But what ever you do it has to have full destructibility like i want to be able to crash my plane (since it seems like most people want a flight sim.   Although i think a physics game, mil sim, or some space thing would be better)  I want to crash my plane into the ground and see dirt fly up and a crater form as the plane realistically rips to peaces.   

Now I probably have way to high expectations but that would be the only flight sim i would buy and i would love it!
Unless yall did like a realistic combat flight sim like aces High (http://www.hitechcreations.com/) which is super realistic in the plane destructibility department but it sucks butt in the land and water graphical department but i doubt that would happen and if yall did, it would be where you have to buy a subscription like you have to in Aces High which is why i don't play Aces High ("$14.95 U.S. per month (Texas residents add 7.25% sales tax)." (Lucky me))

JackDawson

• Bashing my head up against a stone.
    • The Epicureanist Youtube Channel
« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2012, 11:05:09 am »

I just want to see this engine...  but with the playability of "Shore of Hazeron". Its my favorite game right now, and its not even stable. Shores is one of those games that you can goto any planet etc etc. I can only imagine what it would be like with the Outerra Engine.
"Building an Empire with only 64K"

Majority

« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2012, 11:32:05 pm »

For Internet video Sharing we have: Youtube
For Internet Search Engine we have: Google
For Social Networking Service we have: Facebook
For virtual 3d globe, map and geographical information we have: Google Earth
For Real time Global 3d Render engine! we have: ???

We need a AIO (All in one) real time global 3d Render engine! where you can explore, create and share contents in a 3d Space ONLINE
Create, share and explore galaxies, stars, planets, continents, countries, cities, buildings, houses, rooms, furniture, objects ... online!
multiple camera modes: FPS, 3rd person camera, with your avatar or not
This engine can be used for 3d games, simulators, 3d exploration, 3d presentations (architecture etc...),

think this as a YouTube in 3D!

JackDawson

« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2012, 04:19:45 am »

We need a AIO (All in one) real time global 3d Render engine! where you can explore, create and share contents in a 3d Space ONLINE
Create, share and explore galaxies, stars, planets, continents, countries, cities, buildings, houses, rooms, furniture, objects ... online!
This engine can be used for 3d games, simulators, 3d exploration, 3d presentations (architecture etc...),

Hahaha..  its funny you mention all this. I too had a similar thought back a few years ago. What I had been doing is playing the game known as Second Life ( http://secondlife.com )which does all of what your listing here, with the exception of google earth. You can shop, and even watch youtube videos in game. That's the only thing missing. But a script could talk to Google earth if done right. You can buy and sell your own products on it. Companies like DELL and INTELL and SUN were all involved in it at one time. BAsically, It was WELL KNOWN for shopping. I used to be an official scripting teacher for that game. So I know it very well. :D

I and several others who are old timers do not play any longer since they changed the rules dramatically. Its no longer fun.

Majority

« Reply #116 on: May 19, 2012, 05:00:10 am »

Hahaha..  its funny you mention all this. I too had a similar thought back a few years ago. What I had been doing is playing the game known as Second Life ( http://secondlife.com )which does all of what your listing here, with the exception of google earth. You can shop, and even watch youtube videos in game. That's the only thing missing. But a script could talk to Google earth if done right. You can buy and sell your own products on it. Companies like DELL and INTELL and SUN were all involved in it at one time. BAsically, It was WELL KNOWN for shopping. I used to be an official scripting teacher for that game. So I know it very well. :D

I and several others who are old timers do not play any longer since they changed the rules dramatically. Its no longer fun.

Second Life is not very good on performance and visuals, in general a horrible real time 3D engine! even GTA San Andreas is way better!
i don't want Outerra be like second Life! Outerra can be better WAY better than that!

JackDawson

« Reply #117 on: May 19, 2012, 05:33:44 am »

Second Life is not very good on performance and visuals, in general a horrible real time 3D engine! even GTA San Andreas is way better!
i don't want Outerra be like second Life! Outerra can be better WAY better than that!

Not trying to defend SL here.. but I can't help myself. Believe it or not, SL CAN look just as good as Outerra. Not sure if you know how to build and script in that game like I do, but I have seen some art work that looks so real in that game that if you took a picture and sent it to someone they would think you snapped a camera on it. IT has the ability to do this. And all with real time shadows and Ambient Occlusion. I have personally tested this very fact. Outerra is still in the early stages and I CAN replicate what outerra is doing in SL. But only on a limited 1 sim scale. Outerra is a whole planet earth, SL is not. That's the only difference. SL looks bad only if people do not put forth the effort to make their sims look good. But some do not realize that you can change your viewer to change your world around you to look any way you want. There are lots of viewers to choose from. I have made my sim look realistic in the Canvas Viewer, that uses the Unity Engine, back a few years ago in Second Life. Linden Labs doesn't use this engine, but a particular viewer did back in the day. My point here is that SL is not limited in any way other then the fact that its on a smaller scale. Visually SL CAN.. and I repeat CAN be stunning visually. SL is AT THIS MOMENT more advanced then Outerra ONLY because you can script it, make your own 3D models in it, and set particles to it among other things. Outerra beats SL in the fact that Outerra can use google earth. SL cannot.

I'm seriously not trying to argue here. I can also understand your opinion and I do respect it. But you obviously have not seen what I have personally seen as to why SL was so popular all these years. It's only within the past two years ( of my writing this ) that SL has majorly died..
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 05:37:54 am by JackDawson »

SpaceFlight

« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2012, 10:04:17 am »

@Foxiol
I totally agree, I want to fly to the Moon and to Mars with my rocket or spaceship and I think it is a long term goal of Cameni and Angrypig to put these bodies in the engine.

@A7M16
I like the idea of a survival game. Personally, I am more in favor of a survival game in which you don't have to place every single log to build a house, but it comes down to personal preference in this department. Once people have the option to develop addons/mods for the engine, I am pretty sure a realistic survival game like Wurm/Xsyon will be developed.

Destructible objects and environments are planned as well I think.

@Majority
I agree.
I have tried Second Life in 2005 or so and was not a fan of its graphics then. I watched a few recent videos of it and to me the graphics look very dated.
OT in its current state without much graphical effects applied looks ten times better. And it can render an entire planet.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 11:03:01 am by SpaceFlight »
"You see, Killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until they reached their limit and shut down."
Zapp Brannigan

JackDawson

« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2012, 11:16:46 am »

In case some of you are unaware..  here are two videos to show you what SL looked like back in 2009.

These were roughly 4 years ago. SL has improved a LOT since then. And with the newly added ability to upload WHOLE MODELS into the game now you can do pretty much anything. Keep in mind, you cannot compare SL and Outerra. Outerra is a game ENGINE. SL is not. Its using the HAVOC engine. But SL is a complete game or virtual world. The two videos you see are from various sim and sim owners who put some work into it. SL can look as realistic as walking outside. Its just a matter of how good you are at uploading textures that are realistic into the game. And yes you can upload your OWN models and textures and sounds into the game. You can make your avatar as realistic as you want. Including the ability to have sex and have children. I used to even help run a Clinic where "mothers" would give birth. No other game like SL is out there.

The reason I even ventured to bring this up, is because if the playability of SL with the use of the Outerra engine, imagine how good the game could get. Think of SL as one HUGE sandbox, because it is. The reason SL is so limited is because of the design of only using SIMs instead of whole planets. But you have the ability to walk or fly or even take a boat from one sim to another. Its just up to the players on how they want to do it.

Just clarifying for those who didn't know any of this.

Here are REALTIME Per Pixel Shadows back in 2009. Now there is a newer viewer since then that is out known as the Exodus Viewer and it has everything imaginable in it for graphics. But I can't find any videos on it yet that use up to date graphics yet. Although I have personally see it and its just as good as Outerra in the graphics department. I am sure someone might make a HD video on it though.

Here is a picture of me in the game. Sorry for picture so small, this forum doesn't allow anything bigger then 128K total. But as you can see, this game has the potential of a full blow high end graphics. Its just a matter of using the correct Viewer as well as knowing how to set it up. And then there is the matter of if you want to make your sim look realistic, you can, you just have to know how.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 07:25:17 am by JackDawson »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11