Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: So whut tha' heck is this?  (Read 62381 times)

HiFlyer

Re: So whut tha' heck is this?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2015, 03:50:46 pm »

And of course, I'm in those threads just a' swinging away. Cause' I'm an idiot, of course.  =D
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2015, 04:12:06 pm »

And of course, I'm in those threads just a' swinging away. Cause' I'm an idiot, of course.  =D

Hey, your suggestions were great! :)

HiFlyer

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2015, 04:35:19 pm »

Hey, your suggestions were great! :)

LOL!  :)) Thanx!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

bomber

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2015, 06:14:39 pm »

This is my opinion..

http://target4today.com/index.php/archived-articles/8-t4t-news/5-what-is-target4today

Don't be fooled by the date, various new hosting and updates over time.... I wrote it 5 years plus ago.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

HiFlyer

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2015, 08:49:59 am »

This is my opinion..

http://target4today.com/index.php/archived-articles/8-t4t-news/5-what-is-target4today

Don't be fooled by the date, various new hosting and updates over time.... I wrote it 5 years plus ago.

So..... what ever happened to that effort?

And in the meantime.......

http://nexgenflightsim.com/index.php/3d-engines/

bomber

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2015, 08:56:52 am »

A 20 man team in targetware got reduced to half a dozen with Targetwares demis.  We moved to flightgear where the welcome shown reduced the numbers by 50% again....

Politics in flight sim world is a bugger...

Not to worry, if Outerra can deliver, then I'm sure I can get the band back together,  its not like they've gone far.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

HiFlyer

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2015, 02:20:51 pm »

Outerra is like watching a house being slowly built while you wonder and wonder when you can finally move in.   =D

bomber

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2015, 02:52:07 pm »

Not quite..... you see you don't have any rights to move in... and even if you did move in, as quick as it takes to shut a server down you're out on your arse.

HiFlyer

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2015, 03:07:22 pm »

Yes, the server part bothers me. I had internet go out for a day, and couldn't do a thing with Outerra. I didn't like that. It reminds me of programs I purchased in the past that became unusable when the servers where shut down. I and a few people were very leery about rise of flight in the beginning because of that, but Aerosoft promised to stand behind them and keep the servers running if the company ever folded, and the community trusts Aerosoft.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2015, 03:24:39 am »

Yes, the server part bothers me. I had internet go out for a day, and couldn't do a thing with Outerra. I didn't like that. It reminds me of programs I purchased in the past that became unusable when the servers where shut down. I and a few people were very leery about rise of flight in the beginning because of that, but Aerosoft promised to stand behind them and keep the servers running if the company ever folded, and the community trusts Aerosoft.

I think it was stated clearly by the devs that there will be an offline version once the engine will be more stable. Keeping an login authentication makes updates mandatory for everyone opening the game, that way you make sure that every user is up to date, even if he does not check news on the website. However, I'm not a huge fan of the constant authentication, if your connection drops, the program stops too...

bomber

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2015, 08:07:16 am »

Sorry for being maudlin,  Its just that after spending 5+ years in a similar community driven environment I now have a different approach to my time spent..

Invest less with the heart my friend.

With regards the Server, I'm not against it as it shows a development path into online play..

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2015, 08:44:59 am »

I think it was stated clearly by the devs that there will be an offline version once the engine will be more stable. Keeping an login authentication makes updates mandatory for everyone opening the game, that way you make sure that every user is up to date, even if he does not check news on the website. However, I'm not a huge fan of the constant authentication, if your connection drops, the program stops too...

... well, looking at it from the development side, were on-line, not in the fine-print mentioned,  bug-testers ... so its mandatory. Want have all da BUGS !  =D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2015, 09:54:02 am »

24 hour reliable internet is something we should all strive to attain. And having this game/engine function when there is more than just terrain is key. I want to fly or drive towards a city I've never seen before and have it downloading that city seamlessly as I approach. I want all the custom textures and sounds and player-data ready to go without me even knowing what is going on.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

HiFlyer

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2015, 11:08:59 am »

At the nexgen website, the originator has made a deal that allows site members to download and test the Unigine Port Angeles tech demo (normally not released to the public) as part of the evaluation of engines suitable for a next generation flight simulator.

In many ways it was deja vu, since I saw many similarities to Outerra, and a mix of advantages and disadvantages. What I did not see was anything Outerra probably could not do with sufficient art and content assets. (and 3D trees! and better clouds!)  =D

It was very interesting.

ramyfly

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2015, 04:35:12 pm »

Very interesting read. Had no idea that there were this many candidates for a new flight sim engine.  The unigine engine or engines looks great, but they seem to be extremely private.
I registered at the next gen flight sim forums and tried to download the unigine port angeles tech demo. You have to make a minimum of 5 posts before u can download it. I have done that, and have yet to receive permission..

Took a look at the avsim thread.. very exciting stuff! 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9