Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: The "Introduce Yourself" Thread  (Read 180975 times)

Oldtown

Re: The "Introduce Yourself" Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2012, 06:12:38 pm »

Hey guys ...

I am from Berlin, Germany and I am a qualified technical assistant for geovisualisation. Sounds crazy but is nothin more then a digital cartograph of the 21st century. GIS and other Software is my favorite and I used them quite often in my education time. Unfortanetly this job is almost dead because google brought simple geo-data to everyone for free. In my freetime I like to build 3D models and I fly in the virtual Stuka-Squadron StG2 "Immelmann". One of the last biggest Squadrons in Germany. I have great expectations in Outerra because the simulation market is going to die more and more ... everything is getting more simple and unassuming to me. Also I am looking for a creative place ... and it seems to me that I found it on Earth II.

Greetz Oldie

Dysta

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2012, 09:43:41 am »

Hello guys,

Although I am used to be a 2D art student, but actually I am rather interested in 3D production when there's several new engine like Outerra did. I am from Hong Kong and currently studying in HKDI. If I have a chance, I will get myself some concept creation I'd like to present in Anteworld. I am an enthusiastic in simulation game, something I'd used with both flight, race, war and other sims which is based on real world setting and realistic physics. My PC is just setted up for these games so I won't be disappointed if they're performance costy.

Anyway, I also have my own deviantART website for submitting my artworks as well. If interested you may click the link here: http://dystatic-studio.deviantart.com

and nice to meet you all. ;)

JackDawson

• Bashing my head up against a stone.
    • The Epicureanist Youtube Channel
Re: The \
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2012, 12:00:41 am »

Hey guys. JackDawson is my game name in a lot of Virtual and Crafting type of games. I am here because I am more interested in the design of the engine then the game itself. I love procedural content. I have always been interested in designing a playable universe.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 06:10:12 pm by JackDawson »
"Building an Empire with only 64K"

nanotechnos

« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2012, 05:38:19 am »

Hello,

I'm french, from Paris. Personnaly, I've discovered the game yesterday and was immediately interested.

I do not do any kind of coding (sadly) and I'm currently studying Mechanical engineering.
Anteworld seems to be really promising, like a fusion of Minecraft and ARMA :) (no offense)

My main passion is audio, with friends we run a website with review of ... audio products... (how convenient)
http://www.tuppwerwav.com

I'm playing anteworld in the same time, this message took me...1 hour...
Never make two things at a row :D

CHOAM

« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2012, 10:30:54 pm »

Hi there! I'm from Spain, 32 and counting! Player from Arma series and Outerra follower since year ago... Now the Alpha is out I must say it, it's impressive.

Keep the good work! And hello everyone!

SilentEagle

• Sim Developer
    • Simulation Developer
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2012, 05:20:48 pm »

Hello all, I'm a 23 year old aeronautical engineer from Midwest USA.  I've been following this project for years during my undergrad time and saw the potential this engine had to surpass anything currently out there in terms of detail, scale, and moddability.  I have basic programming and 3d modelling knowledge, but I'm always looking to improve my skills for career and game development reasons.  On the side, I am also currently serving a support role on a civilian US west-coast jet team, The Patriots Jet Team.

giallonero

« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2012, 11:48:33 am »

Hi everyone, I've just joined the alpha and have no discernable skills but I do make a great cup of tea/coffee! Love the project and would love to help in any way that I can :D A little about me, I'm a 28yr old self-confessed geek from Scotland about to do an HNC Digital Media and learning Java

lonewulf47

« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2012, 03:36:27 pm »

Hi folks,

I am Oskar, a retired Swiss Airline Pilot with a 37-years career in aviation, flying virtually everything that has been around at that time :) I logged some >15'000 flight hours in ~70 different types ranging from J-3 Cub to Airbus A330. I live close to our Zurich International Airport and am just heading for my second retirement. When I first retired in 2002 (not completely voluntarily as my then employing company Swissair collapsed) I was at the age of 55 and decided that it was not yet time to stop woking an found employment in a company that produces Route Manuals for Airlines. Now I'm on "short final" for my definite retirement at the age of 65.

I'm a dedicated flight simmer for more than a decade and do lots of consulting services for various companies in the Simmer Theatre as well as betatesting for a few dedicated companies. I have followed the Outerra development for quite some time and regulalry publish news as a part-time editor in the german simflight.de portal. The present Anteworld project looks very promising to me - although my only contribution would be some in-deph experience in flight simulation - pointing to the dos and don'ts whenever it comes to aviation knowledge  :o

Sam

• nearby
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2012, 07:52:52 am »

Hi all

I'm not real a Facebook fanboy, but nevertheless:  ::)

Here in these Forum I'm Sam and I'm born somewhere in Switzerland. I'm 60 years young and a enthusiastic FSX VFR-Pilot.

Well, tho most of the scenerys in the FSX are suitable, but far away from to be perfect. So with this beautiful Outerra-tool I will try now to build my own little World.  8)

My english it's just a very little, so my story it's finish here.  ;)
Resident of Outerra

C. Shawn Smith

• C. Shawn Smith's Art Gallery & Portfolio
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2012, 11:19:51 pm »

Welcome!

I started this thread in December of 2010, after a few months of lurking on the forums (mostly), and am still happy to see it still going! :)
What we think, we become -- Buddha
There is no spoon -- Neo, The Matrix
The Cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
Outerra is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Me :)
- Yes, I'm still around ... just been busy with other projects ;)

Bromine

• Professional Space Rocket Man Guy
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2012, 04:39:02 pm »

Howdy. I'm Bromine. I'm an avid player of the ArmA 2 series and enjoy open-world games including things like GTA IV and Saints Row the Third. You can hit me up on Steam at http://steamcommunity.com/id/jjchrizzles. I am looking very forward to Outerra, also it looks good so far! Greetings.

PTTG

• The following post is procedurally generated:
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2012, 05:23:56 pm »

I'm a bit late to introduce myself here...

I'm a procedural world geek, I've played a LOT of Dwarf Fortress, and I am trying to learn programming.

Western edge of the United States.

XZS

• Outerra Supporter!
    • LBQ3TS - French Youtube Poop
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2012, 06:29:23 pm »

I started this thread in December of 2010 [...] and am still happy to see it still going! :)

Never noticed this topic before! Should be pinned. (Didn't not noticed it was already pinned either) :D

I'm "XZS" (pronounce it "Exodus"), 31, from France (near Paris).
I'm a freelance infographist, or I'm supposed to be, as I do it 50% of the time (you've got to be very versatile in this kind of job).
So I can do photography as I can do video editing, or music and fxs. And I love all of it, so it is a good thing.

Why I'm here is because I've been waiting for a live-scale sandbox game/engine.
A kind of GTA on a (virtual) real Earth, beside when you kill someone or destroy a car, you don't go to jail. :)
A SA-MP (San Andreas Multiplayers) with 30.000 players, on a real-scale planet sounds pretty cool to me.

On a side-note, I'm somewhat happy to notice we seem to be a more "adult" forum than what I've been expecting.
I mean, it is nice to see lot of people from 14 to 50+ years old, and not kiddies only.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 06:34:31 pm by XZS »
Burn a book, save a tree.
LBQ3TS - French Youtube Poop

robin00795

« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2012, 03:36:53 am »

Hello,
Im french , from lyon, Im currently in school cause Im 16 years old.
I like every kind of code, Im making some html and php and sometime some encryption, I like making videos(here my youtube channel (:http://www.youtube.com/user/robin00795?feature=mhee)
But the things I like the most are planes :)

thor99

« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2012, 09:53:35 am »

Hi im philip, im one of the admins of a game know as the "world of gotha", its a geofiction game with creative commons licensing (non profit) that me, fellow admin and player have been crafting for over a year. we have created our world to be as high resolution as possible but it would be cool if we could integrate it into an engine such as outerra.

I dont know if the outerra community might allow us to create a "gotha mod" for outerra for the purpose of exploring the planet and improving conworlding accordingly, but would be awesome if we could.

my professional training is biomedical, but im an amateur CGI artist and graphic designer, i possess working knowledge of binary files data and other terrain concepts that have allowed us to craft the planet.

its great to have found such and awesome program, and HI overall.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7