Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Welcome to the 'Ideas' forum  (Read 149314 times)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Welcome to the 'Ideas' forum
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2010, 02:38:14 am »

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

maxter

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2010, 11:30:23 am »

I think that as a tech demonstrator you should decide on a small picturesque part of the world, say an island maybe 150kms x 100kms or thereabouts.  Get as much terrain detail into it as possible, mock up a couple of towns and airports.  Google earth should provide as much detail as necessary.

Put the major roads in as well as the waterways.  It would be nice to be able to generate a couple of weather scenarios, including precip and possibly snow.

Give us one light aircraft (C172) and a couple of vehicles (one smaller car and a truck) to demonstrate the physics engine and finally give us a simple tool to place some canned houses and trees (small library of objects maybe 6 and a simple placement tool).

Aircraft systems need only be fairly basic, it is the physics model and visuals that I think you will be judged by.  We all know that clever third part artists and developers will be able to do much more.

Anyhow looking forward to whatever it is that you provide as a demo.

Cheers

corona

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2010, 12:46:15 pm »

I disagree that they should spend time doing that.

They should just give us the world (entire) in whatever state they have it, plus importers (for models/textures/vector data).

Abc94

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2010, 02:37:22 pm »

Yeah I don't really like the idea of limiting the "world" to a very small area (when compared to the whole earth) when the main feature of the engine is being able to generate the entire Earth itself.
"It costs over $400 000 to play for 12 seconds."     Heavy Weapons Guy on Outerra demo.

jtreiman

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2010, 10:04:15 pm »

hey i got really good ideas!

1.working car to go in airplanes on milti-single player,,, ex. humvee in c-17...for skydiver in heli..

2. realistic stalls, ex. out of control spins, flips and stall. if you ever played il-2 1946 you would know.

3. realistic crashes, ex. planes would break is crashed

wael

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2010, 12:49:09 pm »

I need to ask you something
if you already made the spins of the planes now
did you made the flat spin for planes.
in all flight simulators they didnt made the flat spin i dont know why maybe because they say that you cant recover from it but still it would be very nice to make it .
and one more thing i know you didnt put any millitary planes in this engine but when you do it do you think you can make the pilot eject from the plane or it will be that hard .
maybe if something happrnd to his plane he can eject and then when he reaches the ground he can take a car and go to his base or if he is in enemy ground the enemy can hunt him down and suff like this.........
sorry for my bad english..

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2010, 03:11:50 pm »

The question about spins should be really asked in the JSBSim mailing list, we aren't handling the flight dynamics ourselves, and even if JSBSim didn't support it, another flight dynamics engine could be used in conjunction with Outerra.

As for specific features like ejection - it depends on a game if it decides to implement it, but it is certainly possible. The engine allows it by enabling a combination of FPS and flight sim style views, so one can imagine such scenario.

ddenn

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2010, 04:14:00 pm »

Quote from: wael
in all flight simulators they didnt made the flat spin i dont know why maybe because they say that you cant recover from it but still it would be very nice to make it .

You are not quite correct here, that's possible in the x-plane:
i7 3930K 3.50 (3.80) Ghz, 32Gb RAM, GTX980 4 Gb VRAM, Windows 7 64-bit

About Outerra in Russian

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2010, 10:34:56 pm »

Quote from: cameni
As for specific features like ejection - it depends on a game if it decides to implement it, but it is certainly possible. The engine allows it by enabling a combination of FPS and flight sim style views, so one can imagine such scenario.

So your saying its not the responsibility of Outerra to handle that. Like this

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2010, 01:26:04 am »

I don't understand what you are trying to say. I was saying that the engine concentrates on terrain & planet rendering and we aren't trying to act as if we were experts on all aspects of simulation and everything else, but rather opening the possibility to implement such functionality by the game developers.

RaikoRaufoss

• Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
    • http://www.sabaton.net/
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2010, 02:03:47 am »

I think what Zeos is trying to say is that it's not the job of the Outerra engine to simulate the cycles of a reciprocating engine.
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
But we still remember your name
Karel JanouĊĦek
We mourn the day that you died
So be our guide
CZECHOSLOVAKIA'S PRIDE!!!!!!

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2010, 02:33:54 am »

Quote from: RaikoRaufoss
I think what Zeos is trying to say is that it's not the job of the Outerra engine to simulate the cycles of a reciprocating engine.

Pretty much. I should minimize that image. Had no idea it was full size.

Maybe I should hint that Cameni should also make a matching vehicle sim physics engine... because im sure it will be awesome ;)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2010, 02:39:38 am »

Quote from: ZeosPantera
Maybe I should hint that Cameni should also make a matching vehicle sim physics engine... because im sure it will be awesome ;)
Haha, sure thing, no problem. I'm appending it to my TODO list. Just give me some 3 minutes to scroll to the end of it :D

wael

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2010, 06:24:43 am »

Quote from: ddenn
Quote from: wael

You are not quite correct here, that's possible in the x-plane:

first the video was great but this is not what i mean what you made here is the standered spin and this is done by full throttle and full rudder ( for millitay aircraft maybe it is done with another way) but the flat spin i think you cant make them i think they are done by one of the engine faileurs it is when the aircraft fall down and spinning horizontally to the ground and you cant get out of it you have to eject from your plane however what the standered spin you can get out of it by reversing rudder and gaining speed by putting you nose down (i think).
flat spin is not a maneuver it happens in a very sppecial conditions which makes the plane fall , i think if you watched the top gun movie what killed his friend in the air was a flat spin if you take alook at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdmuj2pDt-o.
he explanes the stalls and spins but if you are intersted in the spins he will start explaning them at 4.40 .
and i know that this is a video game but he is explaning why stalls and spins happining in real life .......

Aman

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2010, 06:25:38 am »

Hey there...
i just fell in love with your Techdemo!
The first thing, that came to my mind was "Hey, a Trial-Simulation with Heavy Trucks an/or Bikes like a GasGas etc. must be great". Another idea i have is a Rally-Game like "Colin McRae Rally" BUT with open terrain. Navigating with maps and GPS to stay on route, using landmarks for reference...
Man, im dreaming about such a game for many years.
Flight Simulation is a hard thing to master, i guess.
DCS ist doing very well in this sector, im looking forward for the new "A-10 C"!
Dont waste your engine for a casual game. Do something special with it.
What about a Heli-Simulation like "Air-Rescue"?
That game was great, but the simulation itself was solala. The landscape-engine was horrible (like my english) ;)
There are plenty of Missions possible (burning Oil rig, Hikers lost in Mountains, Traffic accident, supporting Police...).

A Tank-Simulation like "M1 Tank Platoon"
"Apache Longbow II"

All these ideas dont require much Story. So u can concentrate on the technical aspects.
If u need Brainpower to flesh out some ideas, there are plenty of ppl in this forum to help u out.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11