Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Welcome to the 'Ideas' forum  (Read 157547 times)

BenDragon

Welcome to the 'Ideas' forum
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2011, 03:43:23 pm »

Post removed
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 04:44:47 pm by BenDragon »

Jheuloh

Welcome to the 'Ideas' forum
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2011, 12:45:35 pm »

Quote from: ZeosPantera
Step 1. Start selling outerra

*Patiently awaits the day.*

Quote from: ZeosPantera
Step 3. Blow money on Strippers and Coding Staff

:lol:

Lives in a Jheuloh Bowl, under a Rock. Beware the Guard Lizard(s).
<O> ,.., <O>

BlankCache

• Transporter
Re: Welcome to the 'Ideas' forum
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2011, 04:49:09 pm »

My idea is to have the flight/drive sim you displayed in your videos along with some sort of building aspect. The ability to fly or drive to a remote area and build something as simple as a log cabin would be epic in my eyes. If lots of people did this it might progress into small villages , then towns, cities ,etc...  Slowly introducing tools as are needed would allow the users to become the creators. Let everyone go and see what happens ;D
Its nice to be important but its more important to be nice.

TheChippedFlywheel

• Grinding gears
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2011, 06:28:20 pm »

hello there. First post for me.

I have a question. What are the reasonable fps for this thing. I am running a reasonable laptop, and I play Rigs of Rods... and I have a feeling a lot of you do also. I get about one hundred twenty frames on flatmap, no vehicle, caelum on, triscopic rendering, mirrors and dash. I just don't want to kill my laptop...

Also, I was thinking of people having their own land would be pretty cool. Some people could construct roads and such. (seeing I am in New England US, I could maybe build the roads I use around my house.) And other people  could do the same.

Sound... YES!

A flight simulator is a must, as with land, you need mobility!

Any thoughts for a naval sim? I like boats, but don't go out of the way to make them... they are not that important to me.

I am truly thinking of just a purposeless game. Maybe just have people start businesses in little groups for fun. Make it so that people interact, get in game money, transport things, buy vehicles, just fun stuff. I really like the look of the game so far. Thanks for reading and considering!
Chevy: You don't hear songs about volvos...

andremelyanov

« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2012, 01:26:46 pm »

Hello guys.
I got one idea.
Have you ever thought about creating MMO game about II or III world war, for example like battleground europe or ArmA, would be really cool. Especially when would play a lot of people. It will be a good to teamplay with friends and some cooperation of ground, naval and air forces. I have some expirience of playing those games like ArmA and battleground europe. And i think it will be interesting to many people who play similar games.
Intel Core I7 2700K; 8 gb ram; MSI GeForce 670 GTX

DarkDXZ

• Exception within exception...EXCEPTION!
« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2012, 02:38:50 pm »

Hello guys.
I got one idea.
Have you ever thought about creating MMO game about II or III world war, for example like battleground europe or ArmA, would be really cool. Especially when would play a lot of people. It will be a good to teamplay with friends and some cooperation of ground, naval and air forces. I have some expirience of playing those games like ArmA and battleground europe. And i think it will be interesting to many people who play similar games.

That would, in fact, be a good idea if executed  properly. We don't want another BFH here. :)
"The Pope? How many divisions has he got?" - Joseph Stalin

andremelyanov

« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2012, 03:27:42 pm »

That would, in fact, be a good idea if executed  properly. We don't want another BFH here. :)
Thank you for read my idea :D
I'm not talking about what to do following the example of BFH. Just something like this, in terms of the game where there is interaction between the players.
Intel Core I7 2700K; 8 gb ram; MSI GeForce 670 GTX

DarkDXZ

• Exception within exception...EXCEPTION!
« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2012, 10:33:34 am »

Thank you for read my idea :D
I'm not talking about what to do following the example of BFH. Just something like this, in terms of the game where there is interaction between the players.

I think I know how it would look like:
Instead of levels, you would gain ranks in your army (army = clan?), like private, lieutenant, general...Your HP would NEVER change, so general would die as quickly as a private would - of course, it's actually dependant on armor (bulletproof vests etc.) and weapons...

That would be something really exciting and fun, as opposed to...Something I'm not going to say...
(who else is eager to get to the choppa?)
"The Pope? How many divisions has he got?" - Joseph Stalin

Oldtown

« Reply #98 on: February 29, 2012, 02:46:45 pm »

Has anybody thought about the fact that a Rally Dakar is now possible in realtime? That would be so cool!

Jagerbomber

« Reply #99 on: February 29, 2012, 03:24:04 pm »

Oh my god, how about the Baja races!  ;D
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Oldtown

« Reply #100 on: February 29, 2012, 03:37:03 pm »

We'll meet in virtual California  8)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #101 on: February 29, 2012, 04:07:06 pm »

The biggest "TA DA" moment was when I realized you could have the indy500 happening in Indianapolis and at the same time across the globe elite military units could be fighting insurgents all in true to life scale and one would never effect the other.

All that while there was sailboat racing in Japan and drug running in Brazil.

THAT is why I want fast travel disabled in the game game. Because everything going on in the real world could be happening in OT in real time. If everyone had the "jumper" ability it wouldn't be real enough.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

mctash

« Reply #102 on: February 29, 2012, 05:10:33 pm »

As long as I can push Mach 2 in my f-16 i'll be happy. Hmm..... first im going to need an f-16 :)

Oldtown

« Reply #103 on: February 29, 2012, 05:23:01 pm »

As long as I can push Mach 2 in my f-16 i'll be happy. Hmm..... first im going to need an f-16 :)

You go Mach 2 ... i want my Ju-52 :D Unbelievable but all this doesn't seem too far away. Outerra makes me smile again after a very sad long time ...
IL-2 Cliffs of Dover ... i payed 50€ for an Alpha Version
FSX ... not bad but hardcore System Specs and still what I expected ...
DCS-Sims ... looks cool but maybe a bit too much sim for me
Whats left? Outerra go go go!

Jagerbomber

« Reply #104 on: February 29, 2012, 10:25:15 pm »

THAT is why I want fast travel disabled in the game game. Because everything going on in the real world could be happening in OT in real time. If everyone had the "jumper" ability it wouldn't be real enough.

I agree.

Though how do you think "construction" should work?  Still UFO camera, but with a slower speed than it has now?  Or some other method perhaps with no free flying camera at all?
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11