Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: The Game  (Read 90836 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
The Game
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2011, 04:15:25 pm »

The idea is such that for the online part, i.e. the ability to see and interact with other people's creations in the game, the initial price will cover the associated costs of bandwidth and server processor time for some period, say half of year or so. The period can be then extended for a price, but I expect the price to include only the costs of cloud transactions one will consume so that we aren't losing on it. We don't have the calculations yet, it will become clear after initial tests.

For offline gaming no additional payments will be necessary. Note offline here refers to being offline from the global server, a lone man on the planet. Technically, multiplayer sub-games with custom servers could be used in both the online and offline mode, though I don't know yet how of if it could be combined.

Honken

The Game
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2011, 01:05:46 pm »

It would be so awesome if you could explore a big world. And you could walk on the streets, build cities and buy a house and  decorate the furniture as well.

It would be nice if you could get "married" with other people just for fun and like "kiss" each other and  stuff like that.

It would be REALLY cool if someone maybe was President over 1 country and then some guys are Vice President and owns a city. He can decorate the city and build Offices and Airports ex...

It would be cool if you could travel to other countries and visit "ex" *Gran Canyon* and maybe Sweden as well?

It would be nice if you could create a family ex that Cameni was the father in the family and then he meet me over the internet and says "Hey, you could be a son and then we find a girl that want to be my wife. And then we can create our family and live in a own house" .

It would be cool if it started to Snow and rain sometimes.

It would be cool if they had Realistic Works in the cities. Maybe that I need money, so I just want to find a easy job. Why not go to a Pizza Restaurant and ask to get a job there?
Then people would come there to EAT because they haft to eat sometimes or they die from hunger.

It would be cool if Cops,Medics and Fire Workers existed to. Ex "Cameni robs a restaurant and then someone calls the cops"

It would be cool if this was made as a GAME and I would seriously get a boner if it did.

If WOULD be COOL if you could work for "NASA" and work as a Astronaut and then flies up to the space and stays there for some while.

It would be cool if you actually could work as a farmer and bring food to people and sell it to stores. Then you maybe buys a new TV or something.

And the most awesome thing would be that the game was made in FIRST PERSON.

And the Developers I see that actually could create this game is these Devs

1.Rockstar
2.Bethesda Softworks

If this game ever is made, it will be the most awesomnes GAME EVER!

I hope you guys could read some of my English... I'm from Sweden so it's not my Main Language.

// Honken

#1 EDIT: It would also be cool if counties could actually start war with each others. And the country need to produce weapons and such a thing. But for that they need Iron and stuff like that.

It would also be cool if they added In-Voice in the game then when they talked their Mouthe's should move.

I hope some game developer sees this and thinks "Hey, why not try it out?" and then they create it.
I would buy it defectively.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
The Game
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2011, 02:08:08 pm »

I have no comment
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Honken

The Game
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2011, 04:15:10 pm »

Hm, that was a nice welcome I got on the first time here...

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
The Game
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2011, 04:45:20 pm »

Hi Honken. Well, I have to say I don't share your enthusiasm for simulating real life (RL) in a game here or elsewhere, or specifically the aspects you listed. It's actually beyond me why anyone would want it. I can understand if people want to experience something they cannot do in RL. Let's say I can even understand pilots that are running flight simulators at home. But who is so delighted by RL that he wants to run another instance of it?
I have one guess - teenagers :)

Of course, there still are aspects of RL that one doesn't experience normally etc, but come on - surely there are better scenarios you would like to go through. A journey to the past, future, no?

It would be nice if you could create a family ex that Cameni was the father in the family and then he meet me over the internet and says "Hey, you could be a son and then we find a girl that want to be my wife. And then we can create our family and live in a own house"
Oh no, what a dreadful thought, and you used my nick there. I have to rename :)
In virtual world I am a hermit in a distant land in woods near a waterfall and you'll never meet me ;)

C. Shawn Smith

• C. Shawn Smith's Art Gallery & Portfolio
The Game
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2011, 05:43:06 pm »

In virtual world I am a hermit in a distant land in woods near a waterfall and you'll never meet me

Sounds like me :).  Except when I go "hunting" for enemy players.  Usually I prefer to solo that, but occasionally I like to organize a large "gank" squad for a little virtual terror. :lol:
What we think, we become -- Buddha
There is no spoon -- Neo, The Matrix
The Cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
Outerra is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Me :)
- Yes, I'm still around ... just been busy with other projects ;)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
The Game
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2011, 05:49:17 pm »

Yea, hunting them socializers is fun :cool:

RaikoRaufoss

• Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
    • http://www.sabaton.net/
The Game
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2011, 06:32:51 pm »

I myself am a huge team player.  I do my best when I'm supporting teammates, in roles such as such as medic or sniping.
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
But we still remember your name
Karel JanouĊĦek
We mourn the day that you died
So be our guide
CZECHOSLOVAKIA'S PRIDE!!!!!!

Honken

The Game
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2011, 02:34:18 am »

Why not make it that you need to advance in future? That you spawns in a forest somewhere and then you need to find shelter and food.

Almost like Minecraft but this is in 3D.

Sorry for using your Name ^^ I saw your name when I looked up so took it.

And yes, I'm a teenager and I love Realistic games =) I'm kinda bored of the only Shooting stuff...Like Call of Duty and stuff like that.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
The Game
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2011, 02:42:51 am »

Quote from: Honken
Why not make it that you need to advance in future? That you spawns in a forest somewhere and then you need to find shelter and food.
That's Ok, and it's much better than the lovie dovie stuff you scared us with initially :P

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
The Game
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2011, 05:03:54 am »

Quote from: cameni
it's much better than the lovie dovie stuff you scared us with initially :P

Yeah. I spent about 8 seconds reading over honk's original suggestions and opted out of constructive criticism. Now, living alone in the forest.. Looking for gold and killing bears to wear their skin.. That's a man's game!

R... Rural

T... Transport

W... Wheeled

V... Vehicle

........ Damnit I still can't think of a good one for the truck. Need more vowels!
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Honken

The Game
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2011, 08:37:06 am »

I was just looking over the realistic stuff you actually could do with this Engine. Did not mean to scare you Zeos and Cameni  :rolleyes:

I love these games like Oblivion when you can hunt Deers and skin Wolfs. Minecraft is okay to, cutting wood, building a shelter and make skin shoes from Cows skin.

I agree, that's a mans Game!

I'm 16 years old for you who wonders so you don't think I'm a 13 year old kid that tries to ruin this forum. Hehe.

I really hope some Developer find this Engine and buys it. Would be so cool to Advance in Future and you need to learn to Craft stuff together and stuff.  Learn how to make a Fishing rod and that kinda stuff.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
The Game
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2011, 03:25:46 pm »

Quote from: Honken
I really hope some Developer find this Engine and buys it. Would be so cool to Advance in Future and you need to learn to Craft stuff together and stuff.  Learn how to make a Fishing rod and that kinda stuff.

Well some developer could still use this engine but the thread you are posting in is for "THE GAME" Cameni and Pig are making right now to test the engine.

I still think making fishing rods might be a bit of a silly trade to learn when you have the entire solar system accurate to ~1cm to play with. But who am I to judge! I certainly wouldn't mind the hunting aspect. Especially if the wildlife are realistic.

krunkskimo

The Game
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2011, 03:40:07 pm »

somthing along the lines of EVE plus physics/aircraft/vehicle simulator meets outerra.

i'd love to see economy, technology, construction, diplomacy, and 1,000s of players.

maybe in a pre-apocolyptic 1940s-1960s for the sake of simplified low tech wars and vehicle controls.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
The Game
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2011, 04:01:43 pm »

Quote from: krunkskimo
maybe in a pre-apocolyptic 1940s-1960s for the sake of simplified low tech wars and vehicle controls.

Only issue with pre-apocalyptic anything is there will need to be buildings and roads and a complete infrastructure that would need to BE THERE. That is why Cameni is aiming the game and engine as a whole at a millennium or two after the apocalypse. That way its rolling hills and the occasional ancient roadway where man had cut the mountains.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9